Custom Pit Boss

sdkid

Reaction score
What are you doing to mod or personalize your Pit Boss. I just picked up the Rancher XL. I plan to close in the bottom for pellet storage and add the smokestack from the Austin XL.

smaller xl pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wyo1661

Reaction score
Hello from Colorado! I have made a few mod's to my Classic 700 to include cutting the legs to height and adding to an island. Also, I recently
added a smoke stack and a folding front shelf. Could not be happier with this purchase a couple of years ago.
PitBossandShelf.jpg

wyo1661

Reaction score
Looks great Wyo... I like the looks of the smoke stack and added it to my Rancher as well.
Thanks! Did you modify your cover or does it just fit a little funny now? Mine just fits a little funny due to the stack. BTW, I think pizza is my favorite thing to cook on these smokers. Sure, ribs, pork butts, and chicken are plenty tasty but its amazing what the wood fired cooking does to a pizza.

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello from Colorado! I have made a few mod's to my Classic 700 to include cutting the legs to height and adding to an island. Also, I recently
added a smoke stack and a folding front shelf. Could not be happier with this purchase a couple of years ago.
View attachment 11

That looks great, nice setup!

wyo1661

Reaction score
Thanks! Here's the rest of it from back when our grass was green. Will be there again soon with these warm days.

IMG_5914-sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions