Cleaning out heat shield ash

DanStealth

Reaction score
I’ve had the pro series 4 now for over a year and never cleaned it out. Probably should have done this a lot sooner but didn’t think of it.

What was interesting was the amount of grease that seems to fall back there. It was pretty caked on, and even after scrapping with a metal scraper and a wire brush a lot of it refused to come out.

I actually expected more ash and not so much grease

Attachments

• 9B5C9326-3FAB-4BED-B98A-CFCE46BC44A6.jpeg
    9B5C9326-3FAB-4BED-B98A-CFCE46BC44A6.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 51
This is after with all I could really scrape and vacume up

Attachments

• CC19514C-46ED-42CF-B77C-265D6E1D67A8.jpeg
    CC19514C-46ED-42CF-B77C-265D6E1D67A8.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 22
I’ve had the pro series 4 now for over a year and never cleaned it out. Probably should have done this a lot sooner but didn’t think of it.

What was interesting was the amount of grease that seems to fall back there. It was pretty caked on, and even after scrapping with a metal scraper and a wire brush a lot of it refused to come out.

I actually expected more ash and not so much grease
Call customer support, someone here had the same issue about a year ago with grease getting under that plate.
I believe it was a gasket material to seal better where the grease tray lines up with that square area on the bottom left in your picture.

Call customer support, someone here had the same issue about a year ago with grease getting under that plate.
I believe it was a gasket material to seal better where the grease tray lines up with that square area on the bottom left in your picture.
I’ll give them a call, last time I tried it took forever and I did a call back and they called back when I couldn’t answer lol

I wanted to call them about my latch not working. It feels like it stripped or something. It closes but I gotta push the latch up manually I can’t just use the arm.

I’ll give them a call, last time I tried it took forever and I did a call back and they called back when I couldn’t answer lol

I wanted to call them about my latch not working. It feels like it stripped or something. It closes but I gotta push the latch up manually I can’t just use the arm.
877 303 3134 option 2. Their open 7 days a week.

Latest Discussions

Back