Bad plastic smell!

disguisedblonde

Reaction score
I have had my Pit Boss Pro Series for about 5 months. It was producing awesome grilled chicken breast, hamburgers and steak. About 2 months ago I was grilling steaks. I could smell a horrible plastic burning smell. So bad, it ruined my tri tip! The last 2 times I've used it, same thing. Today I changed pellets, cleaned and burned it out for a few hours. Chicken was looking good then the smell and a weird slimey smoke haze over the chicken. What is it?

GAnewbie

Reaction score
Have you check the fire pot for foreign substances? I would disassemble and visually check the fan and auger for melting bits.

disguisedblonde

Reaction score
Have you check the fire pot for foreign substances? I would disassemble and visually check the fan and auger for melting bits.

disguisedblonde

Reaction score

I will clean it out again and check the fan and auger. I had cleaned it thoroughly yesterday before cooking the chicken. I had run it for quite a couple of hours before adding food. It seemed that the issue started when I turned the temp down from 400 to 350 to do the 2nd side of the chicken. Thank you all for answering.