Auger making high pitched noise

I called pit boss today and they are sending me out a new auger motor and also a temp probe. I told them about my ErL codes I been having recently. I also talked to the smoke it app people because I can’t connect anymore to it recently. I’m suppose to get a email from some dude in Australia that will say my Bluetooth has been reset on my grill somehow lol. So I’ll see about that later I guess. Till I get my new parts I’ll just limp along making some ribs.

I called pit boss today and they are sending me out a new auger motor and also a temp probe. I told them about my ErL codes I been having recently. I also talked to the smoke it app people because I can’t connect anymore to it recently. I’m suppose to get a email from some dude in Australia that will say my Bluetooth has been reset on my grill somehow lol. So I’ll see about that later I guess. Till I get my new parts I’ll just limp along making some ribs.
Awesome!!!
At least you gotta response and sounds like it’s gonna get handled. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Has anyone heard this before? I have a short video of what I mean. It doesn’t make the noise every time but enough to be annoying. Maybe every 3rd time it turns on. Sometimes the whole time sometimes just a little bit and sounds normal then.
I see you posted this on Sunday.
Has anyone heard this before? I have a short video of what I mean. It doesn’t make the noise every time but enough to be annoying. Maybe every 3rd time it turns on. Sometimes the whole time sometimes just a little bit and sounds normal then.
I see you posted this on Sunday in Buffalo NY. Assuming you aren't smoking meat in the middle of your living room, I'm thinking the cold temps might have something to do with it. I recall a
I see you posted this on Sunday in Buffalo NY. Assuming you're not smoking meat in your living room I would say the cold temps may have something to do with it. I recall an old Traeger would make some whining, scratching sounds from the control box when I would smoke in freezing weather here in Ct. Another thing is your auger motor floats a bit on its mount. Maybe check to see a screw hasn't come loose that is allowing too much play.

So I got my new auger motor and it looked like the box was opened prior to delivery and one of the flan blades are broken off. I’m gonna have to call pit boss today and tell them it was damaged on arrival. I didn’t get the temp probe with it maybe those are out of stock. I’ll have to ask about that when I call them today.

Pit boss said I don’t really need the fan so much and it would work with a blade missing. Then he gave me the option to get a another one sent out so I took that option. I asked about my temp probe and supposedly it was sent out already but idk about that. So he sent another one of those. I get to keep the auger motor also that has a blade missing.

Pit boss said I don’t really need the fan so much and it would work with a blade missing. Then he gave me the option to get a another one sent out so I took that option. I asked about my temp probe and supposedly it was sent out already but idk about that. So he sent another one of those. I get to keep the auger motor also that has a blade missing.
Call him back and tell him that one of your friends was sent a new controller and pitboss sent him three different rubs 😊

Those blades should come off I would think. A set/Allen screw, I doubt it is epoxy on. Swap your old blade with the new motor.
I thought about that but haven’t looked into it yet. I suppose if the auger didn’t move at all I’d be in there looking at it. I’m kind of waiting for a 30-40 degree day to take it all apart and check it out when I’m not working.

I finally got another auger motor I put it in today it was 19 when I started and 34 degrees when I finished with it. I also put a new temp probe in also. The 1150 is real quiet now. No more loud noises lol. There was a lot of pellet dust sitting on the motor. My app works today too for some reason also. Pitboss sent me 2 rubs with the last motor. I was able to pry off the fan blade on the old one and put it on the motor they sent me with a broken blade it’s just press fitted on. So I have a back up one of those. I took the auger all the way out and it was nice and clean in there.

Attachments

• 6A627323-CB09-49FC-98E3-99C39BB71DEF.jpeg
    6A627323-CB09-49FC-98E3-99C39BB71DEF.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 35
  • E52C8D8E-3662-4B3F-B398-B2A90D75DC2B.jpeg
    E52C8D8E-3662-4B3F-B398-B2A90D75DC2B.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 35

Latest Discussions

Back