App temp increments are different from the grill control

Mustfly

Reaction score
I've got the grill dialed in at 275° for some Texas style spare ribs, but the app temperature increments skips from 250° to 300° with nothing in between. The app DOES accurately monitor the current temp (which is the most important), but how hard is it to make the Smoke IT app mirror the same increments as the dial on my KC Combo (pb1285kc) ? Is there a trick or did they make the app temp ranges different for some brilliant reason. Also...with the grill set to the dezired temp of 275°, the app defaults to showing 250° as the "set" temp. Scratching my head on why they'd consider this to be "close enough for govt. work".

Steelheader1974

Reaction score
I think when the app asks if u can set ur smoker to 225 and say no I think it gives u 10 degree increments. I think it only asks that if it was updated or deleted and reinstalled. I could be wrong tho.

Redoctapus

Reaction score
I had the same issue this past weekend.
The smokeIt app is way underpar compared to other apps. The app is basic stuff.
I do not mess with the app for the first 4-5 hours. I set temp manually to 165° and let it smoke. Next I had to set temp manually to 220°. I noticed stall temp being reached so I wrapped butts and raised temp to 250°. At his point I used the app to sound an alarm at 203°.
GMG let's one set unlimited steps- time/duration and temp, then it can be set to hold at whatever temp until service.
It so allows calibration of probes. I have a nice GMG and a nice Pit Boss PBV5. Give em time...