820 overheating

wmasters

Reaction score
Hello all, Having an issue with overheating but the strange thing is it happens about 3-4 hours into the cook. This has happened the last 3 cooks where the temp just starts to run away, starts to sound like a blast furnace! Prior to the temp "runaway" temp was holding well. I have done a full clean between cooks but did not make any difference! Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

natgas

Reaction score
Hello all, Having an issue with overheating but the strange thing is it happens about 3-4 hours into the cook. This has happened the last 3 cooks where the temp just starts to run away, starts to sound like a blast furnace! Prior to the temp "runaway" temp was holding well. I have done a full clean between cooks but did not make any difference! Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Same here; I have the 820D3 and it will shoot up to 330 real fast even when it's set on 'smoke' and at P4 or P5; haven't figured out how to solve this issue--YET

wmasters

Reaction score
Same here; I have the 820D3 and it will shoot up to 330 real fast even when it's set on 'smoke' and at P4 or P5; haven't figured out how to solve this issue--YET
Turns out it was the controller board, got one on Amazon with a new temp probe, hot rod and also has meat probe input for around $50

natgas

Reaction score
Turns out it was the controller board, got one on Amazon with a new temp probe, hot rod and also has meat probe input for around $50
Mine is still under warranty so I'm going to contact PB tomorrow and see what the issue might be