Yea. This is off topic. Lol.

Edchad

Reaction score
Ok this is about as Off Topic as ya can get. Figured some of us could use a little humor. Stress relief if ya will. Lol. I don’t know. It always puts a smile on the wife and my faces. It’s noted I’m in the North Georgia mountains. Sometimes we catch some pretty peculiar rascals prowling around in the areas we usually cook at. Meaning just outside the garage. Under the roof of our well house and the porch of an old cabin out back.
We ain’t got a problem with these guys sniffing around where the smokers and grills are. I just wish they’d stop climbing around on our grills and stuff that’s outdoors under the sheds.
Kinda hard to get mad at the mama. I’m sure she’s doing the best she can with these three. Last time they actually tried to come inside the side door of the garage where the PBV4PS2 is rolled back into after cooking. Can’t blame em for being hungry I guess. It’s like they can sniff the drippings out of the gravel. The kids do look like they could stand a good meal. But what ya gonna do.
Posting a link. Just click the link to see the video. No need to mess with the app it mentions below that. It’s surveillance footage from our account. Enjoy.

https://ring.com/share/f05bbb62-7778-414d-b6fd-aec1aab07e7c

Very unpredictable fellas, being mostly cute and photogenic. I had one put a Stalk on me many years ago which eventually (days into the encounter) didn't end well for him.

Very unpredictable fellas, being mostly cute and photogenic. I had one put a Stalk on me many years ago which eventually (days into the encounter) didn't end well for him.

We love these guys. Lived here in the mountains around them for years and years. So we know how to handle and be cautious of them. I’ve got daylight photos taken with a camera scattered around. Biggest challenge was to keep from spooking them. Once there was a rather big boar out back. I grabbed a camera and eased out the door. Got within zoom distance of the lens and started. But this guy wasn’t going anywhere. Lol.
After I got a few pics I started yelling and waving my arms and he just stood up and looked at me. Lol. He was about 40 yards maybe. Anyway I’m not stupid. I was standing just outside the side door of the garage in case. But he finally got back down and headed to the woods. He did stop and look back one time.
Another time was a mama and two Cubs were just on the other side of the driveway. The two Cubs were climbing around in The trees playing like squirrels. Lol. Funny.
Now I hope most people know the most actual dangerous thing you can do is approach a sow and her Cubs. That’s a no no. We watched these from the kitchen window.

We live and have some acreage almost bordering a wildlife management area so we see quite a few critters. But we really enjoy watching these guys.

I’m a life long hunter and Target shooter but in my 66 years I’ve never wanted to hunt one of these guys. And Lord knows it would be easy here. Not condemning those that do. It just me.

We love these guys. Lived here in the mountains around them for years and years. So we know how to handle and be cautious of them. I’ve got daylight photos taken with a camera scattered around. Biggest challenge was to keep from spooking them. Once there was a rather big boar out back. I grabbed a camera and eased out the door. Got within zoom distance of the lens and started. But this guy wasn’t going anywhere. Lol.
After I got a few pics I started yelling and waving my arms and he just stood up and looked at me. Lol. He was about 40 yards maybe. Anyway I’m not stupid. I was standing just outside the side door of the garage in case. But he finally got back down and headed to the woods. He did stop and look back one time.
Another time was a mama and two Cubs were just on the other side of the driveway. The two Cubs were climbing around in The trees playing like squirrels. Lol. Funny.
Now I hope most people know the most actual dangerous thing you can do is approach a sow and her Cubs. That’s a no no. We watched these from the kitchen window.

We live and have some acreage almost bordering a wildlife management area so we see quite a few critters. But we really enjoy watching these guys.

I’m a life long hunter and Target shooter but in my 66 years I’ve never wanted to hunt one of these guys. And Lord knows it would be easy here. Not condemning those that do. It just me.

I've had many encounters with these entertaining critters over the years. I was once picking blue berries when I detected their unmistakable aroma coming from somewhere in the patch, had a griz get off with a quarter of my moose and never wanted to drop the hammer on one. I once watch a huge Brown near Becharof Lake playing with a ground squirrel play catch and release while watching through my rifle scope. I silently made him a deal "let the squirrel go and won't touch the trigger" and we both kept the deal. I was saddened when some weeks later I read of someone taking a 10.5 foot bear in the area, knowing it had to be him. I like them too.;)

I've had many encounters with these entertaining critters over the years. I was once picking blue berries when I detected their unmistakable aroma coming from somewhere in the patch, had a griz get off with a quarter of my moose and never wanted to drop the hammer on one. I once watch a huge Brown near Becharof Lake playing with a ground squirrel play catch and release while watching through my rifle scope. I silently made him a deal "let the squirrel go and won't touch the trigger" and we both kept the deal. I was saddened when some weeks later I read of someone taking a 10.5 foot bear in the area, knowing it had to be him. I like them too.;)

I just noticed a minute ago you’re in Alaska. And the hunter in me says I don’t think I would’ve hesitated to squeeze one off on a grizzly that size.
Lol. Just being honest here. 😎

Ok this is about as Off Topic as ya can get. Figured some of us could use a little humor. Stress relief if ya will. Lol. I don’t know. It always puts a smile on the wife and my faces. It’s noted I’m in the North Georgia mountains. Sometimes we catch some pretty peculiar rascals prowling around in the areas we usually cook at. Meaning just outside the garage. Under the roof of our well house and the porch of an old cabin out back.
We ain’t got a problem with these guys sniffing around where the smokers and grills are. I just wish they’d stop climbing around on our grills and stuff that’s outdoors under the sheds.
Kinda hard to get mad at the mama. I’m sure she’s doing the best she can with these three. Last time they actually tried to come inside the side door of the garage where the PBV4PS2 is rolled back into after cooking. Can’t blame em for being hungry I guess. It’s like they can sniff the drippings out of the gravel. The kids do look like they could stand a good meal. But what ya gonna do.
Posting a link. Just click the link to see the video. No need to mess with the app it mentions below that. It’s surveillance footage from our account. Enjoy.

https://ring.com/share/f05bbb62-7778-414d-b6fd-aec1aab07e7c
We're starting to see more moving back into our part of the country (central Missouri) in recent years. Neighbor snapped a pic of one in her front yard, in daylight, a few weeks ago. I just hope they stay away from my dog kennels... I'd hate to have to shoot one.

Well crap. I guess she finally wanted to discuss the matter but lost her nerve before she made it to the door. Gotta give her credit for the effort though.
DISCLAIMER before somebody points this out. This one is from a few weeks back. Just kinda goes with the story.
🤪

https://ring.com/share/61e3d8c4-e801-4588-9791-cc1859641014
I don't believe there is a true hunter that doesn't love and admire critters. We had a moose calf spend the better part of the winter around our yard a few years back, the cow was likely the victim auto interaction. Every time I put out pumpkins she'd steal them right off the porch, not being legal to feed wildlife here. She made it through to spring and I saw her the next fall.

I suppose, to keep with the intent of the forum, I should mention that the wild side of red meat is a bit more of a smoke challenge than is their domestic counterparts.

Last edited:
I don't believe there is a true hunter that doesn't love and admire critters. We had a moose calf spend the better part of the winter around our yard a few years back, the cow was likely the victim auto interaction. Every time I put out pumpkins she'd steal them right off the porch, not being legal to feed wildlife here. She made it through to spring and I saw her the next fall.

I suppose, to keep with the intent of the forum, I should mention that the wild side of red meat is a bit more of a smoke challenge than is their domestic counterparts.

Awesome!!

I smoke some white tail every year. Wife's aunt cuts the loins in small chunks and wraps them in bacon. I'll throw them on the smoker for a few hours and everyone eats them as appetizers at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. It's usually a mad scramble when I walk in carrying a plate full. Kinda like walking in to a lion's den with a raw steak in each hand. Blindfolded. Bunch of hyenas...

been off a couple days cause I was feeling a little sick, cold symptoms, maybe flu, but back at it now.
will be staying away from peeps for their safety, might be smoking alone this Labor Day Weekend 🙁

been off a couple days cause I was feeling a little sick, cold symptoms, maybe flu, but back at it now.
will be staying away from peeps for their safety, might be smoking alone this Labor Day Weekend 🙁

Dang man! Take care of yourself. And I hope it’s just a cold or something.

On the bright side... More meat for you!

Sorry. That's just how I'd see it. 😁

Latest Discussions

Back