Won't Turn On

TRENT757

Reaction score
Can't get the smoker pellet grill to turn on. We used it a couple days ago, then tried to turn on last night & for some reason it wouldn't turn on? Any ideas what this may be?

Can't get the smoker pellet grill to turn on. We used it a couple days ago, then tried to turn on last night & for some reason it wouldn't turn on? Any ideas what this may be?

Check the fuse behind the controller and if the fuse is fine it is most likely your controller is bad.

Great Thank you for your response, the fuse is fine so i'll be ordering a controller
[/QUOTE
I'm posting this for my husband, I had thought he checked the fuse & he isn't sure how to get tto the fuse, we have the tailgater pit boss. I have searched & can't find out how to find this fuse. Do you know how to get to this fuse?

616871071 (1).jpgIMG_5761.jpg This is the grill we have

I have the 1000 and it did not lite. I hab been using it since dec. I checked my ignitor with ohm meter and it was open. Dead. I ordered 1 from amazon and I have smoke. I hear they go bad. Also since I had the control box open I re seated all the connections and I swear it has been running alot better. Temp wise.

Ok, I just replaced control panel because I wasn’t getting any power. Outlet is good, fuse still looks good. New control panel, hooked up right. I have no power though! What else am I missing?

Make sure all the connections to the controller are tight and connected. Look at the power cord and the wires going to the the controller. One more thing can you try another outlet?

Ok. Did check the connections. All good and tight. Outlet is good too. Grill is only in its second year and didn’t use it a lot last year. Everything still looks good. Might try a new bus fuse just in case. It looked good, but my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be. Lol

I also like barbecue very much,especially Pit Boss. The grill parts I bought on this website are very good-https://grillpartsreplacement.com/search?q=pit+boss and exceed our expectations! Easy to install, the appearance is comparable to the original parts, high quality and low price, you can try to browse, let's get started!

That is a nice place and great prices, but I would not purchase an auger from them as they are only selling 1.6 rpm and Pit Boss as upgraded there augers to 2.0 rpm motors If you have a larger Pit Boss grill then I would stay away from the 1.6 rpm.

Why should you be buying replacement parts when they say 5 year warranty? I know as I have been waiting for parts on a new grill. Sucks to spend hundreds for a piece of junk that will not work.

Why should you be buying replacement parts when they say 5 year warranty? I know as I have been waiting for parts on a new grill. Sucks to spend hundreds for a piece of junk that will not work.

It depends how fast you want to get back to grilling. We are not forcing anyone to go buy an aftermarket parts at all. If it is a controller I would not recommend to go buy a new controller, but for a igniter or RTD temp probe then why not. Still call Pit Boss and they will send you a new one and you have back up.

Latest Discussions

Back