Whiskey Smoker won't fire up.

clark1033

Reaction score
My whiskey smoker won't fire up. It starts up at 85°. It took 3 to 4 minutes and it went to 90°. But that's as far as it went. I looked in the burner and the pellets were mounting up. Has anyone had this problem?

It sounds like your ignitor isn't getting hot. Do you see it glow red? Do you feel some heat from it? I thought my instruction manual had some instructions about what to do on startup to see if things were working properly.

welcome and hopefully they will get you fixed. Customer Service has been very slow as I have seen a lot of complaints on Facebook and Twitter.

Just so you know they are short staffed due to Covid. I had a temp probe go bad last week on my pellet grill so I called them each evening when I got home from work and never got thru and never got a call back even though I left my number. After about 4 days I decided to call in the morning and I left my number and they called back within the hour. I explained the problem (ErH on smoke mode) and they are sending a replacement probe. It is on backorder for 6-8 weeks so it is gonna be down a while.

With your ignitor you could try this:

Once the fire is lit is should continue to burn as pellets feed

Latest Discussions

Back