Which pellet grill is best under budget of 1000$?

biluoaj

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can I know which grill is best under budget of 1000$?. Traeger or Pit Boss? Your recommendations?

Compare the two side by side. Pit Boss is built to last, Traeger are skimpy made as far as I can see.
Pit Boss 1600 is big, if you entertain a lot, or plan on smoking big cuts of meat

Compare the two side by side. Pit Boss is built to last, Traeger are skimpy made as far as I can see.
Pit Boss 1600 is big, if you entertain a lot, or plan on smoking big cuts of meat
I'd have to agree. Despite the app shortcomings, the PB is still the best choice. I have an older 820, a 1150PS2, and an Oklahoma Joe's DLX. The 820 is still my favorite, but the 1150 is less finicky than the DLX. Get a good remote thermometer setup, like the SmokeX4, and a 1150PS2 or 1600 and still be under your budget

I have a pitboss 820 and wouldn’t have anything else.
Yep. My 820 is currently on loan to my best friend in Colorado. He wants a pellet grill. He was going to spend a lot of money on a Traeger. I told him to take my 820 and try it a while, and his brother has traeger equivalent loaned to him as well. Last I heard from him, they've both decided to go with PB.
Just wish they'd get the dang app squared away so you could use the stupid thing as intended. I've almost got my 1150 figured out without the app...

Latest Discussions

Back