what's your favorite pellet and why

Today I had a bad experience with Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend pellets, put on a Pork Shoulder Roast and I could not get any smoke from my smoker, added a smoke tube with the same pellets and there was very little smoke! After 3 hours I changed the pellets to Weber hickory and dumped the smoke tube and filled it with some Weber hickory. Getting smoke now from the tube but it's gonna take a while to get the pellets through the auger.
I will not use Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend pellets again!

Today I had a bad experience with Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend pellets, put on a Pork Shoulder Roast and I could not get any smoke from my smoker, added a smoke tube with the same pellets and there was very little smoke! After 3 hours I changed the pellets to Weber hickory and dumped the smoke tube and filled it with some Weber hickory. Getting smoke now from the tube but it's gonna take a while to get the pellets through the auger.
I will not use Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend pellets again!
Finally getting a steady stream of thin blue/white smoke from my 850, It seems like the pellets were the problem?¿

Wow, first Bear Mountain I used was Gourmet Blend and they produced a ton of smoke. I was sold on Bear Mountain after that one bag and have since bought many more (but only when BOGO :cool: )

Wow, first Bear Mountain I used was Gourmet Blend and they produced a ton of smoke. I was sold on Bear Mountain after that one bag and have since bought many more (but only when BOGO :cool: )
Also produced a lot of ash, the worst I have seen, I'm thinking maybe a bad batch of pellets?
I still have the Bear Mountain oak to try, got on the BOGO.

If the oak burns good then complain to them you got a bad bag. Curious to see how the oak does I have a bag as well. Right now cooking with Bear Mountain Hickory

Running a smoke tube with the Bear Mountain Oak and its making a ton of smoke, experimenting with some salmon
20210117_140023.jpg

The Bear Mountain Oak is really smoking nice, this is Aromatherapy I tell you.
Nice temps. on the smoke setting so far, yesterday it went up to 280* on one of the swings while on smoke setting.

PSA: Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend is currently listed at <$4/ 20 lb bag at Rural King. Might want to check to see if there's a store near you with stock (nearest to me is 100 miles away :( )
What's in the bear mountain gourmet blend? I dont see on the bag what wood types are in it.

Oak, Hickory, Maple, Cherry, it's on their web site, should be on the bag but I don.t think it is.
You still using that brand...I've only used pitboss competition blend from Lowes. How do they compare if you have used both.

You still using that brand...I've only used pitboss competition blend from Lowes. How do they compare if you have used both.
I had a bad bag of Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend, so they are sending me out another bag to try, but their oak pellets worked very good and a good amount of smoke from them, very happy with the oak.
I have never used Pit Boss comp. blend.

I started sifting and noticed less stuff flying all over like the sparks. I have only tried PB products so far in the hopper. I wonder if it's actually the seasononing in the pit forming and catching the stuff though... 🤔

Looking for information on pellets, I have used Pit Boss hickory, mesquite and one of the blends. Weber Grill Master blend.
Looking for a good tasting smoke pellet that leaves little ash.
I have a problem with too much ash build up and Pit Boss says they are trying to figure out why.
Igniter gets covered in about 4 hours.
I like the pit boss pellets. Competition blend from walmart is my current favorite. Tried the weber brand mix and just prefer the flavor of the competiton pot boss. I have a bag of traeger to try out sometime soon. Pellet smokers are new to me so im sure others have a lot more experience with different brands but thats my experience so far. Happy smoking!

I really like the BBQr's Delight pellets that come in the smaller bags. I ONLY use these in my tubes as they are 100% the wood flavor on the bag making them more expensive. It says you get 10 uses per bag which I guess is true if you're doing smaller cooks. I got the 6 pack available at Amazon for around 40.

Latest Discussions

Back