what's your favorite pellet and why

I find the kingsfirs pellets to give a better smoke flavor over pitboss

Now that I know we like em I need to check our TS as well. I only have the one opened bag. Hoping the hickory and gourmet are good for us. Got one bag each.
I found out the hard way at Tractor Supply. I ordered 2 bags of Bear Mountain apple, seeing my local Tractor Supply was out. I received a email my order was ready to be picked up that afternoon. I went the next morning and a lady went to a storage locker and pulled out my order but it was the gourmet blend. Here's the good part, the store manager gave me my money back and at the customer service desk the have a computer for people to use. She had me reorder 2 bags of Bear Mountain apple and they would be shipped to my doorstep. I said oh no I don't want to pay for shipping, have it shipped to the store. She told me, which I never knew, if Tractor Supply is out of a certain item, you can use the kiosk/computer there and it will shipped to your doorstep for free. But you have to use their kiosk/computer at the service desk.

She told me, which I never knew, if Tractor Supply is out of a certain item, you can use the kiosk/computer there and it will shipped to your doorstep for free. But you have to use their kiosk/computer at the service desk.

THAT....is very good and nice to know!

Yeah those are the ones I saw. They had those plus a Hickory/Oak blend which is what I want to try.

Lately my 340 grill (old and small Pit Boss) has been flaming out on the smoke setting. I have to babysit it and play around to keep it from flaming out when in Smoke mode. I wonder if it's the pellets? I have tried different ones but all Pit Boss brand. Maybe I am getting more ash then I realize and maybe that's the cause. Either way I called Pit Boss and they are sending me a new controller. Every other setting works fine, no issues at all unless on smoke. Before I swap out controllers I'll try another brand of pellets in it.

Looking for information on pellets, I have used Pit Boss hickory, mesquite and one of the blends. Weber Grill Master blend.
Looking for a good tasting smoke pellet that leaves little ash.
I have a problem with too much ash build up and Pit Boss says they are trying to figure out why.
Igniter gets covered in about 4 hours.
I am what is considered too much Ash. Maybe a photo would help. My stick burner gets Ash also but we never worry about it unless it is getting on the food which it never does. I do see Ash around the fire pot. Yet it is never really a problem. Is your ass so bad that it is blowing onto the food? It just seems to me that Ash is part of what a pellet smoker does. That was the first thing I noticed when I was cleaning mine out.

ash was not getting on food, but it was building up in the fire pot so much that it wound not ignite.
that was my problem at the time.

Latest Discussions

Back