What with selling my info?

nvhunter

Reaction score
Admins whats with selling my info?

Just got an add to my email sent directly to pitboss owners, this is the only place anyone knows my email and that I have a pit boss. Not cool especially as who sent the add. What do you have to say for yourselves?

Don't forget your browser history says you own a pitboss or at the very least interested in them for the pure fact that you come to this site. Tons of ways someone else got your info and then sold it. If you dont have any kind of firewall or antivirus might be time to get it...if you do might be time to run a scan for a little piece of mind.

If that's the first junk email you've ever received you're the luckiest person alive! Web sites grab data from you pretty much everywhere you go. More sites are giving cookie warnings and the option of selecting the level of cookie security you want but for the most part they're going to learn almost as quickly as you type. It's pretty doubtful that this forum was the only place that knew your email address. Most decent email apps will filter out junk based on algorithms and also allow you to tag junk. As long as you have a firewall and antivirus app as jaykav stated, your junk filter is your next best weapon but almost certainly will not catch 100%.

Latest Discussions

Back