What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

rewagner

Reaction score
Love to hear what everyone else is cooking for Thanksgiving besides me...love great ideas.

I'm doing two bacon-wrapped turkeys, dry brined, and then injected with cajun marinade, along with a spiral ham coated in some glaze...have not decided what glaze yet?

Just seen this on FB and had to share with you all. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
spam turkey.jpg

I'm doing a turkey today, wet brined in the Meat Church bird bath, and basted in garlic and herb butter. I was going to be double smoking a ham as well but even in my 1600 the bird took up most of the room so that is going to be cooked in the oven 😢

I used to use oil now I use the Big Easy. Tastes just as good and without the cleanup and danger...

Looks good. It must be nice to have that extra height with the rack off of the main grates. What brand of pellets and types are you using. Whats the grill temp running at also?
Yeah, that's the reason I got the 1600 it has a ton of room. It actually has the main grate and 2 upper racks but I never use the very top one. I usually always cook on the middle with a pan under you minimize mess. I used Cookin Pellets longhorn blend which is a blend of mesquite,cherry, and maple. I ran the pit at 225 from 7am until it was done around 4pm. Turned out great.

Love to hear what everyone else is cooking for Thanksgiving besides me...love great ideas.

I'm doing two bacon-wrapped turkeys, dry brined, and then injected with cajun marinade, along with a spiral ham coated in some glaze...have not decided what glaze yet?
One spatchcocked turkey. One spatchcocked chicken. Both wet brined with apple spice, and the chicken cajun butter injected. Then throw them skin side down on the grill to crisp the skin. Lobster smoked mac and cheese. Smoked seafood stuffed portobellos. Everything else in the oven or stove.

Last edited:
Smoking it, usually brine it the day before

People actually seem to prefer smoked over deep fried

Back