What am I doing wrong?

D02297227

Reaction score
Startup seems to go great. Element heats up, blower comes on, pellets fall out and everything works good in smoke mode and at low temps. Once the startup is finished the blower goes off. The issue comes in when I try to go up to the higher temps 300-500. Is the blower supposed to come on at this point? Because mine just starts moving pellets and moving them to the point that it smothers the flame and overfill the pot. Its brand new it happened once during burn-off and again on my first cook.

Last edited:
Welcome to the PitBoss Forum - What model grill do you have? The blower should come on at the higher temps.

Welcome to the PitBoss Forum - What model grill do you have? The blower should come on at the higher temps.
I have the Austin XL. I had to turn the dail to off and then back to high to get the blower to kick back on.
So here might be the issue, once it finishes the start up burn I have been just gradually increasing the temp because I'm gun shy from the initial spill over. Am I supposed to crank it straight to high (or whatever temp) straight from smoke?

SOLVED.

Called Tech Support and described my problem. Opened the access panel on the bottom of the hopper. Two connections were crossed. This caused my fan to shut off after 4 min and my ignitor to run constantly. Luckily it didn't damage the ignitor. Runs like a champ now.

Latest Discussions

Back