Welcome to the Pit Boss Brunswick Forum!

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pitboss-brunswick-smoker.jpg

Welcome to the latest addition of Pit Boss Forums dedicated to the Pit Boss Platinum Brunswick 5-in-1 vertical smoker!

Hi everyone and glad to see this new forum

Attachments

• 9E5A47E0-9C7D-482D-9A0E-0087969EA4D4.jpeg
    9E5A47E0-9C7D-482D-9A0E-0087969EA4D4.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 7B7A16CD-58F9-4800-9B6A-23FB49C7660C.jpeg
    7B7A16CD-58F9-4800-9B6A-23FB49C7660C.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 117
  • 9C4A759F-A07D-4188-BEFD-CE051A20F15B.jpeg
    9C4A759F-A07D-4188-BEFD-CE051A20F15B.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 116
Enjoying the Brunswick using smoke tubes to add a little more smoke taste.... pellet grills do not give you that big smoke taste... The wife is enjoying the smoke flavor from the Brunswick.... I've done a pork ribs, pork shoulder ,brisket, beef ribs, chicken they all come out very good.... I can say one thing the right side of the Brunswick runs cooler the left side.....

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpeg
    IMG_0746.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0904.jpeg
    IMG_0904.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0781.jpeg
    IMG_0781.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 50
I just finished my first ever pellet smoke on my new Brunswick. Have any of you ever checked the interal temp with an additional temp probes to compare accuracy? I have been using stick burners for years and always like to put several probes in to measure temps in several places the first few times I use a new smoker. I've also done this in electric cabinets smokers. I didn't test the Brunswick during the burn off, but during my first cook today I noticed a ~30 degree difference in the "act" temp the smoker was reporting versus the my temp probes. (My probes were showing a colder temp) I didn't notice the ribs taking especially long to cook. Wondering if maybe this has something to do with the heat coming from a fan, similar to a convection oven. Again I am a pellet smoker newbie. Trying to understand if I have a problem or this is just how they work.

Also, just to clarify,. the probes I used were air temp probes, not meat probes, and I have confirmed they are accurate.

Welcome I use an external temp probe too. My probe temps are usually read higher when heating up, but after a while at a set temp the smoker is almost equal to the probe.

Welcome I use an external temp probe too. My probe temps are usually read higher when heating up, but after a while at a set temp the smoker is almost equal to the probe.
Thanks. I may call Pitt boss tomorrow in fear that I have an issue. I triple checked my probes to make sure they are accurate.

Yeah Mike I've observed the same thing in my smoker. My running theory is that when it is in the heating up phase there is so much air circulation going on both hot and cooler that it can make readings a bit wacky. But once it settles in everything seems to stabilize. I do multiple temperature readings as well and that's what I seem to observe.

I just finished my first ever pellet smoke on my new Brunswick. Have any of you ever checked the interal temp with an additional temp probes to compare accuracy? I have been using stick burners for years and always like to put several probes in to measure temps in several places the first few times I use a new smoker. I've also done this in electric cabinets smokers. I didn't test the Brunswick during the burn off, but during my first cook today I noticed a ~30 degree difference in the "act" temp the smoker was reporting versus the my temp probes. (My probes were showing a colder temp) I didn't notice the ribs taking especially long to cook. Wondering if maybe this has something to do with the heat coming from a fan, similar to a convection oven. Again I am a pellet smoker newbie. Trying to understand if I have a problem or this is just how they work.

Also, just to clarify,. the probes I used were air temp probes, not meat probes, and I have confirmed they are accurate.
I've had the same issue, I use an oven thermometer in mine. I see anywhere from 30 to 100 degrees

Hello all. I got my Platinum Brunswick, upright, two door, vertical, controls on the upper cover, 98 pound pellet bin smoker last week and already smoked some amazing ribs! (sorry for all the details. Finding out quickly that you can't just refer to this smoker as a "Brunsick"). Considering how often I will be cleaning out the area under the burn pot cover, and that that there is a lip to the left and right holding it up, do you think it is necessary to have the two screws in the back? I am keeping the two in front but I really don't see any excessive forces that would warrant the other two.

Thanks for any advice!!

Hello all. I got my Platinum Brunswick, upright, two door, vertical, controls on the upper cover, 98 pound pellet bin smoker last week and already smoked some amazing ribs! (sorry for all the details. Finding out quickly that you can't just refer to this smoker as a "Brunsick"). Considering how often I will be cleaning out the area under the burn pot cover, and that that there is a lip to the left and right holding it up, do you think it is necessary to have the two screws in the back? I am keeping the two in front but I really don't see any excessive forces that would warrant the other two.

In the photo below, the screws I am leaving in place are in the general area of the red arrows. The screws I am leaving out are along the same line but against the back wall of the smoker.
Thanks for any advice!!
pitboss brunswick.jpg

There has to be a reason why Pit Boss has the screws there. A good seal? Or to prevent warping?

Latest Discussions

Back