Website and app

As a retired IT Director for a Fortune 500 big Pharma company, I think that it's doubtful they would take down the website site for an upgrade. Standard procedure is to wait until the new site is ready to roll and flip the switch when it's fully operational.

My guess is Ransomware. It's pretty common these days. I'm guessing their senior management is raising funds to get their systems back up and running. Getting hacked is usually kept quiet and most companies pay after trying everything possible to get things back online.

As a retired IT Director for a Fortune 500 big Pharma company, I think that it's doubtful they would take down the website site for an upgrade. Standard procedure is to wait until the new site is ready to roll and flip the switch when it's fully operational.

My guess is Ransomware. It's pretty common these days. I'm guessing their senior management is raising funds to get their systems back up and running. Getting hacked is usually kept quiet and most companies pay after trying everything possible to get things back online.
Thank you. I also worked as a mainframe software engineer for over 22 years and what you replied is probably what is going on. You don’t shut down multiple sites without testing and a blackout strategy in place.

I see that on 02 July, 2021 several thousand companies in the United States were hit by a Ransomware attack. Danson was more that likely one of them.

Does anyone know why both the website and app are down?
I just talked with a very stressed "customer service representative" from Pitboss and was informed that she did not know when and website would be coming back up and they will not register new a new Pitboss product. She informed me that the website was undergoing "maintenance" and this was not part of a Randomware attack. The website has been down almost two weeks.
This is starting to look more and more that something not good is going on with the Danson LLC that owns this product and other grills. I worked in IT for several years and you do not just take a website down without testing and a plan to back out any changes that went wrong. You never should be dead in the water without having some means of coming back up. This is just bad business and even worse customer service. I beginning to regret buying the new grill combo from Pitboss.

I just talked with a very stressed "customer service representative" from Pitboss and was informed that she did not know when and website would be coming back up and they will not register new a new Pitboss product. She informed me that the website was undergoing "maintenance" and this was not part of a Randomware attack. The website has been down almost two weeks.
This is starting to look more and more that something not good is going on with the Danson LLC that owns this product and other grills. I worked in IT for several years and you do not just take a website down without testing and a plan to back out any changes that went wrong. You never should be dead in the water without having some means of coming back up. This is just bad business and even worse customer service. I beginning to regret buying the new grill combo from Pitboss.

Bigflred,

They probably are unable to register a new product. That would have to be done on one of their computer platforms, which are currently unavailable. The Ransomware hackers usually shut down ALL of the business unit's IT infrastructure. A local Pharma plant in my home town was hit a few months back. Everything (right down to the shop floor systems controlling production equipment) was rendered inoperable. They were dead in the water for over 2 weeks and ended up paying close to $2 million to get back in operation.

Companies rarely acknowledge an attack of this kind, or any other hack for that matter, unless they have to alert people of a breach of private information (like the Citibank incident).

Web site is back up but I think we have to re-register.
It does not recognize my email.
so history might be gone too

I called them, they said wait a week as the web site is still re-populating that type of information.

Latest Discussions

Back