Wagyu Tallow Brisket???

ANT0407

Reaction score
I have been seeing on the internet and on YouTube that using wagyu tallow on a brisket is the craze now. I got a 15 lb choice brisket from Sam's club and decided to give it a try. I'm going to inject the flat with the Tallow and use a little when I wrap it in butcher paper. I'll be cooking it low and slow late Saturday afternoon into Sunday until it's done. I really wonder if it is going to make a huge difference.Has anyone experimented with Tallow yet? Curious if anyone has any thoughts.
20210902_103402.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an Aaron Franklin I believe. I've also heard that he uses pickle juice as a spritz as well. Very curious to get an honest opinion!
I think you are correct. It's the popular theory that wrapping with Tallow is his secret, as well as resting the briskets up to 12 hours at 160 degrees. I think I will try the pickle juice spritz as well thanks for bringing that up. I have a plan to rest my brisket for 8 hours at least. After the brisket is done I'm going to shut down the 1600 and clean the ash pot, then I am going to fire it up in smoke mode and crack the hood so I can get to around 160 and rest it that way. Fingers crossed that works!

Gonna try this for my 1st brisket, I have been watching too many YT videos ... GL with the cook...

Gonna try this for my 1st brisket, I have been watching too many YT videos ... GL with the cook...
I watch way too much YouTube myself, you're not alone! Good luck with your Brisket as well. I'll update during and after my cook.

I'm right there with you. I think I've spent more time watching other people cook on Youtube the past ten years or so...

Hopefully this tallow works wonders on this brisket. I'm trimming it and can clearly see why it's not prime. The point is a mess, lots of cuts and chunks taken of of it. The butcher had a bad day I think. The flat looks decent so we'll see. It's going on the 1600 around 6pm this afternoon.
20210904_083510.jpg

Hopefully this tallow works wonders on this brisket. I'm trimming it and can clearly see why it's not prime. The point is a mess, lots of cuts and chunks taken of of it. The butcher had a bad day I think. The flat looks decent so we'll see. It's going on the 1600 around 6pm this afternoon.
It's on, injected with wagyu tallow,Sucklebusters1836 rub,Cooking pellets hickory in the hopper and mesquite in the Heavy D. Running at 225. Let the games begin!

It's on, injected with wagyu tallow,Sucklebusters1836 rub,Cooking pellets hickory in the hopper and mesquite in the Heavy D. Running at 225. Let the games begin!

🥃

9 hours in 3am, ready to wrap in butcher paper.I Put a couple tablespoons of tallow in the paper.
20210905_030317.jpg

Just pulled it at 202 degrees. I opened the paper to stop it from cooking. I'm going to rewrap with all the juices at 180 then the long rest. So about 11.5 hours total so far.
20210905_054607.jpg

I think you are correct. It's the popular theory that wrapping with Tallow is his secret, as well as resting the briskets up to 12 hours at 160 degrees. I think I will try the pickle juice spritz as well thanks for bringing that up. I have a plan to rest my brisket for 8 hours at least. After the brisket is done I'm going to shut down the 1600 and clean the ash pot, then I am going to fire it up in smoke mode and crack the hood so I can get to around 160 and rest it that way. Fingers crossed that works!
So my plan for resting it on the smoker with the lid cracked is working like a charm.
20210905_080403.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back