Twice Smoked Pulled Pork

Dan-H

Reaction score
This weekend was nice and sunny, an opportunity to dry out and clean up my grills after the heavy rains and wind we had last month. The 820 pro had a small amount of maple pellets left in it since beginning of December, and the grill was damp so I just fired it up and let it run up to about 350F to dry it out.

Then, I thought I should cook something... but I didn't have anything prepped :unsure:

I decided to defrost about 2 lbs of previously smoked and shredded pork.

Added Hickory pellets, turned the smoker down to P4 which was about 160F, and gave it about an hour or so.

After about an hour, it was thawed so I shredded it again, and brought it inside to heat in a pan to make a sandwich.

My first taste had a hint of hickory, but I noticed it more as I had seconds. Overall a great way to add a splash of extra smoke.
20220115_122043.jpg
20220115_122716.jpg
20220115_130950.jpg
20220115_132555.jpg
20220115_133405.jpg

This weekend was nice and sunny, an opportunity to dry out and clean up my grills after the heavy rains and wind we had last month. The 820 pro had a small amount of maple pellets left in it since beginning of December, and the grill was damp so I just fired it up and let it run up to about 350F to dry it out.

Then, I thought I should cook something... but I didn't have anything prepped :unsure:

I decided to defrost about 2 lbs of previously smoked and shredded pork.

Added Hickory pellets, turned the smoker down to P4 which was about 160F, and gave it about an hour or so.

After about an hour, it was thawed so I shredded it again, and brought it inside to heat in a pan to make a sandwich.

My first taste had a hint of hickory, but I noticed it more as I had seconds. Overall a great way to add a splash of extra smoke.View attachment 2223View attachment 2224View attachment 2225View attachment 2226View attachment 2227
Sounds like a great idea to add more smoke flavor. Will have to keep it in mind for the future.

Back