Total newbie to pellet smokers and this thred

DonnyC

Reaction score
I bought a new to me pitboss sportsman pb1100sp. The problem I have is the auger will feed and light in the fire box, but it will not feed again until the temp gets to 165. then it will feed again, and relight and the temp goes up to 425. Then it drops back to 165 and starts all over again. That is on setting p0 and p7. Also on the factory setting of p4. I am lost. Help would be greatly appreciated Donny

Put it back on p4 and turn it to 250 and see what happened the p setting will mess with the heat and make it fluctuate in cook modei use 4 or 5 p setting then set it to my temp and that alters the speed of the surgery giving to temp Punctuations

Put it back on p4 and turn it to 250 and see what happened the p setting will mess with the heat and make it fluctuate in cook modei use 4 or 5 p setting then set it to my temp and that alters the speed of the surgery giving to temp Punctuations
Thanks for the quick reply. When I set it to anything it will feed at startup then not feed again, that is my dilemma. I just set it to 250 and it has the three flashing dots around the temp which is 275 right now. 280 and still flashing?

Ok empty it all out….fill with pellets…keep hood open leave on smoke setting until thick white smoke it gone about 10 min then shut hood and set temp see what happens

Latest Discussions

Back