To hot in the center what can I do

eqarigon

Reaction score
I got the KC combo last year after owning a Camp Chef before. This grill has a awful hot spot above the fire pot. Is there a recommended product I can place over this area to dissapate the heat? I didn't have this issue with my last pellet grill but it didn't have the charbroiler option which is probably the problem.

I messed up some ribs awhile back having them over the center of the grill. Did not have this issue with the other pellet grill.

Second the ash cleanup is useless or mine is faulty. Camp Chef ash cleanup was amazing.

I got the KC combo last year after owning a Camp Chef before. This grill has a awful hot spot above the fire pot. Is there a recommended product I can place over this area to dissapate the heat? I didn't have this issue with my last pellet grill but it didn't have the charbroiler option which is probably the problem.

I messed up some ribs awhile back having them over the center of the grill. Did not have this issue with the other pellet grill.

Second the ash cleanup is useless or mine is faulty. Camp Chef ash cleanup was amazing.

I’m planning to take a piece of stainless and make me a heat diverter to place over the pot to help disperse the heat a little more evenly. And you’re right, it doesn’t come with one from factory because you wouldn’t be able to sear your steaks and such, but I could make my diverter removable, or able to slide it out of the way when I have plans to reverse sear a steak I guess, because to be honest, I suck out all the ash from in there before every cook anyway. Lets face it, the way they designed the ashtray it doesn’t catch all the ash from a long cook anyway, but it’s easy enough to get down in there, and it only takes a couple minutes to suck it all out with a wet & dry vac anyway. I guess every grill has its pros and cons, but with this one you have to shell out $800 bucks before finding these things out. But I found it’s something I can live with because it doesn’t take too much effort on my part to just keep it clean, and I like maintaining my investment anyway.

Smoke On

Get you a heat diffuser
That should remedy your problem
Hopefully this helps you
I have the 1100 series combo from Lowes. I've looked at Smokes Like a Boss and Smoke Daddy for the diffuser. Neither will work as the curved drip plate will not seat properly with them. The diffusers are too tall.
I think the guy with the KC combo can use the diffuser from Smokes Like A Boss, though. I think they fit in the KC.

I have the 1100 series combo from Lowes. I've looked at Smokes Like a Boss and Smoke Daddy for the diffuser. Neither will work as the curved drip plate will not seat properly with them. The diffusers are too tall.
I think the guy with the KC combo can use the diffuser from Smokes Like A Boss, though. I think they fit in the KC.
I got the one from amazon for my 820 sporstman and yes it is too big or wide I should say. I plan on cutting it to shorten the width and then add to the bottom with some fire brick to get it where I want it. I made one out of some really thick aluminum that worked great till I turned the heat up to do a burn off and it melted it in half!!! I have decicded that burn offs are not really necessary and you should just clean the grill instead.

I’m planning to take a piece of stainless and make me a heat diverter to place over the pot to help disperse the heat a little more evenly. And you’re right, it doesn’t come with one from factory because you wouldn’t be able to sear your steaks and such, but I could make my diverter removable, or able to slide it out of the way when I have plans to reverse sear a steak I guess, because to be honest, I suck out all the ash from in there before every cook anyway. Lets face it, the way they designed the ashtray it doesn’t catch all the ash from a long cook anyway, but it’s easy enough to get down in there, and it only takes a couple minutes to suck it all out with a wet & dry vac anyway. I guess every grill has its pros and cons, but with this one you have to shell out $800 bucks before finding these things out. But I found it’s something I can live with because it doesn’t take too much effort on my part to just keep it clean, and I like maintaining my investment anyway.

Smoke On
Hello. I did exactly that. Made a diffuser and it works great.

I have the 1150 and looked at Smokes Like a Boss, it says the diffuser fits the 1100 & 1150, I wonder if he changed something?

Latest Discussions

Back