Thinking of PBV4PS2, temperature selection question

hankhill11

Reaction score
Good day everyone. My wife and I are about to get into the smoking world. We are strongly considering the PBV4PS2 from Lowes. I saw some new comments on a youtube video stating that the temperature control has been updated to be 10 degree increments. This comment was about 5 days ago. Does anyone else know about this or have any info? I would much rather have 5-10 degree increments than 25 or 50.

Some of them have been updated. The thing to do is see if they can plug it up in the store and try the dial and see what it does.

No, you would have to send it to them you can't do it yourself. Give them a call I think they have just been sending them out within a week or so.

Just spoke to them...there are currently no updates planned for this model
Good day everyone. My wife and I are about to get into the smoking world. We are strongly considering the PBV4PS2 from Lowes. I saw some new comments on a youtube video stating that the temperature control has been updated to be 10 degree increments. This comment was about 5 days ago. Does anyone else know about this or have any info? I would much rather have 5-10 degree increments than 25 or 50.

Hi all, just purchased mine a few days ago. So mine is in 10 degree increments. Is that the updated firmware, did it used to be 5? Not a big deal, but why get rid of 5 degree increments if so, 225? 275? Perhaps someone knows an answer to this and can explain. Thanks!

-Mike.

I don't find a problem with the temp increments most of my long smoke are at 225 and will monitor meat temp till done but fine tuning would be nice

My new controller that Pit Boss sent me in June has the 10 deg increments. No 275 deg but 270 and 280 deg.....no big deal. I have the PBV4PS2 smoker.

OK, so I'll prolly just set for 5 above my desired temp. to account for periodic temp drops. During my burn in, it seemed to hold temp very well.

Hi all, just purchased mine a few days ago. So mine is in 10 degree increments. Is that the updated firmware, did it used to be 5? Not a big deal, but why get rid of 5 degree increments if so, 225? 275? Perhaps someone knows an answer to this and can explain. Thanks!

-Mike.
it never had 5. It used to be 25. 10 is much better than 25 but man... 5 would be nice as well!

I never closed the loop here. We did get the PBV4PS2 a couple weeks ago, and it did have 10 degree increments on the on-board controller. Pitboss isn't communicating well about that even within their own people it seems. anyway, so far so good after two cooks on it.

Called today and was informed they don't have a replacement controller with 10° increments. Tried to explain to her several different ways that I'm pretty sure they do, she was adamate that the 4 series vertical didn't have an updated controller.

Guess I'll call again on another day and hope to get someone who knows that they do? Frustrating. But I can get by with these increments for now, honestly.

Latest Discussions

Back