The Pit Boss Struggle is Real

rogerclyne

Reaction score
Looked at Traeger's for years and all my buddies have and swear by them. After waiting in he wings and looking, I bought at PB 820D3. First 2 smokes went great. Next 4 all had flameouts and burnt off the exterior powdercoat on the the belly. Pissed me off so I called them. Took a week to get a call back. They had me run tests, blah blah, tried to say it was moisture in pellets and a slew of things that I swatted down because they are/were silly. Gave them the "test results" and they sent me another controller. I have cleaned it religiously after every smoke and it seems to have been ok since and the new controller still sits in it's box unopened. I then ordered the side smoker attachment and it arrived glass shattered. Took a week to get a call back and 2 weeks later another arrives dented. Another few days finally get to someone and they sent a third, which you guessed it, arrived dented. They are now sending me yet a 4th try on this. The Customer Service surely lacks and getting to someone or a callback is a feat in and of itself but we shall see. Jury still out and pissed that the belly is burnt on outside and got a too bad.

Sorry to hear the issues you are having and Pit Boss customer service does lack and it seems that Pit Boss lack a lot of quality control in the past 2 years.

What is interesting is when Joe Traeger sold the company then Danson company who owns Pit Boss hired the Brian and Joe Traeger so you would think especially Joe who was brought into product development would improve Pit Boss. TBH Traeger recently stepped up and improved there product, but looking at the past 5 years Traeger and Pit Boss were equal when it came to quality.

Pit Boss should have done the right thing and really spent more time on there current models and designed and manufactured a better PID controller for the current line up. They instead created this Platinum Series of grills with this god awful PID controller as I have no idea what they were thinking of these designs.

Some guy just recently bought a brand new Autin XL for $275.00 at Walmart at the clearance area and then bought a Savannah Stoker controller $189.99 for around $500 he has one of the best PID controllers for a Pellet grill you can have. You cannot beat $500 grill that the PID controller out performs almost every Pellet grill over $1200.

I literally just had a "screaming" conversation with them after they sent me an email suggesting that I switching the dented doors and offered me a free bag of pellets for compensation. I told then I would switch/swap nothing as they are both dented anyway and want a new one or nothing. Super silly and disappointed.

Latest Discussions

Back