Temperature

Cowboy1955

Staff member
Reaction score
Got my new control panel. My pitboss is a 820. The temperature knob doesn’t have a 275 degree. After two hours at 250 I need it at 275 for country style ribs. Any ideas on cook time or temperature?

like said when smoking there is no time its when it done .I find for maximum smoke flavor low temp and max time is best I do most of my smoking at 225 till it get close to done then bump up the heat most net threads say 250 for most meats .

I usually do the 3,2,1 method with my ribs. But even at low temp that amount of time is too long. Family loves fall off the bone ribs.
It is too long that way, taking in the time to pull them then wrap them, pull them again to unwrap and sauce them, easy 7 hours.
I smoke till 145 them pull them, about 2 1/2 hours, sometimes 2 hours. I wrap them and when tender about 2- 2.5 hours I pull them. Sauce them and back in for 15 minutes to get the bbq sauce tackey, so they don't dry out for that last hour. Maybe 4.5 hours total this way.

That’s the method I use but it usually doesn’t take more than 3.5 hours. By the time they are done no one uses the bbq sauce they are so good!

That’s the method I use but it usually doesn’t take more than 3.5 hours. By the time they are done no one uses the bbq sauce they are so good!
I’ve been makin my own bbq sauce since I was a kid. My dad taught me. Everyone brags on it.
my next thing is do a brisket

It is too long that way, taking in the time to pull them then wrap them, pull them again to unwrap and sauce them, easy 7 hours.
I smoke till 145 them pull them, about 2 1/2 hours, sometimes 2 hours. I wrap them and when tender about 2- 2.5 hours I pull them. Sauce them and back in for 15 minutes to get the bbq sauce tackey, so they don't dry out for that last hour. Maybe 4.5 hours total this way.
I like 3-2-1. Will probably do it today because our oldest daughter works noon to 6 today so that's the right amount of time. Think I will do 2 racks, one wrapped Johnny Trigg style and one rack not wrapped.

I was on line one day looking at rib cooking I tried one one day you don't need to wrap the ribs .I did a 8hr smoke set temp to 225 and cooked them till they were falling of the bone checking them using the bump method you take your tongs grab the ribs in the middle then give them a shake if the meat cracks between the bone its done they were he best I have done I used to do the 3 2 1

Latest Discussions

Back