Temperature setting

Delgiorr

Reaction score
Hi Fellow pit bosses. Is it possible to set the temperature control on your pit boss to anything other than 300 or 350 or 200 or 250 a lot of the recipes that I am using required to be 275 175 and the like. Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Ok, so yours has the new PID controller which does not have the 275 setting. The one I have is the older controller which has Smoke, 150, 175, 200, 225, 250, 300, 350 and one or two more.

Really I have never gone by temps to cook anything. I just use internal probes. If you have something that says to cook at 275 try 250 and monitor with a thermometer. If you don't like how it is doing bump it up to 300. The good thing about the PID controllers is that they have less swings. If I set mine on 275 it will continuously bounce between 260-285.

My other Pit Boss is a grill and it does not have 275 so I just keep an eye on things. I have even baked a pie on it that was supposed to be at 425 and I do not have a 425 setting. You just kind of eyeball it to see how things look and having a thermometer is important.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some of the newer controllers have 10 degree increments (the 1500 I think) and there is no 275 since it adjusts by 10 degrees.

Ok, so yours has the new PID controller which does not have the 275 setting. The one I have is the older controller which has Smoke, 150, 175, 200, 225, 250, 300, 350 and one or two more.

Really I have never gone by temps to cook anything. I just use internal probes. If you have something that says to cook at 275 try 250 and monitor with a thermometer. If you don't like how it is doing bump it up to 300. The good thing about the PID controllers is that they have less swings. If I set mine on 275 it will continuously bounce between 260-285.

My other Pit Boss is a grill and it does not have 275 so I just keep an eye on things. I have even baked a pie on it that was supposed to be at 425 and I do not have a 425 setting. You just kind of eyeball it to see how things look and having a thermometer is important.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some of the newer controllers have 10 degree increments (the 1500 I think) and there is no 275 since it adjusts by 10 degrees.
Ok... got it. Thank you very much for the swift reply.

As I said, don't sweat it too much. part of the fun with these smokers is kicking back, smelling the smoke and guessing when things will be done. The main thing is to make sure the internal temperatures are where they need to be.

I would suggest investing in a Bluetooth thermometer as those are more reliable than the Pit Boss probes.

As I said, don't sweat it too much. part of the fun with these smokers is kicking back, smelling the smoke and guessing when things will be done. The main thing is to make sure the internal temperatures are where they need to be.

I would suggest investing in a Bluetooth thermometer as those are more reliable than the Pit Boss probes.
ok.. thanks Mike. Will do. Appreciate you being generous with your time and expertise.

Latest Discussions

Back