Temp Probe Issues

kilian73

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with the temp probe on the pro series vertical smoker? I just had my 6th one stop working. Almost ruined 7 lbs of salmon. Any advice is welcome. I am ready to dump this and try to find a more reliable brand.

Has anyone else had issues with the temp probe on the pro series vertical smoker? I just had my 6th one stop working. Almost ruined 7 lbs of salmon. Any advice is welcome. I am ready to dump this and try to find a more reliable brand.
Typically I don't put a probe in my salmon until late in the smoke.....so are you talking about the food probe or the controller temperature probe...? I have swapped my controller to a rec tec, but my probe is still the same one from the beginning. So you have lost 6 meat probes or 6 controller probes...?

I use a Webber external 4 probe device. One problem for the temp of the PB and the other ones for the meat. I found the PB temp probes run 5-7 degrees hotter.

Back