Tech Support for the iT App

Thanks, I just got my PB850 and was attempting to use Smoke iT app during 1st burn and couldn't get it to connect and just figured I'd deal with it later.

Thanks, I just got my PB850 and was attempting to use Smoke iT app during 1st burn and couldn't get it to connect and just figured I'd deal with it later.
good idea, maybe way later, as it will probably be a waste of your time.
I just hope they come up with a fix for the app and the controller temperature setting increments.
it's like they took the old non PID controllers and put a new interface on it, same temp. increments as the old one.

Doing this tomorrow. Mine has been working, but after I let the app update, it no longer reads the numbers on my grill. App is always at 200° and the recipe never shows (wi-fi or Bluetooth).

Guys if you are have trouble connecting the app or have any questions please reach out to them they will gladly help out. They are the ones the created the app so they can answer any questions. They maybe working on a new version and if so they will inform you of it.

App is terrible and needs to be updated. You think they would have a timer function on it.

Is anybody else having issues with the probe setpoints? I do not get any kind of notification when setpoints are reached. Called for help and Tech support said I should get an email when a setpoint is reached.......yes you read that right, an email.
Craziest thing I've ever heard

Last edited:
Is any one else having issues with the probe setpoints? I do not get any kind of notification when setpoints are reached. Called for help and Tech support said I should get an email when a setpoint is reached.......yes you read that right, an email.
Craziest thing I've ever heard
Wow.... smh... That is crazy.

Oh yeah, he also said out of 100,000 people I was the only one having problems with the app and it was probably a setting in my phone, even though I told him I had tried several devices with the same result.

Oh yeah, he also said out of 100,000 people I was the only one having problems with the app and it was probably a setting in my phone, even though I told him I had tried several devices with the same result.
everyone has trouble with the app. I don't even try to use it cause it sucks big time.

Every time I've tried to call and get help just trying to get the app to CONNECT...........it seems "Danny" is busy helping other customers. Then he says to leave my name and number. Pretty hard to do when it then says....."mailbox full". What a joke.

UPDATE: About 2 hours later, Danny from app assist as they call it called me. Very nice fellow. Tried a couple things and he is passing it forward to a guy who currently lives in Australia and has a California phone number.

What Danny tried was for me to go into apps on my Samsung S10 phone and find iT app. It has a setting that says storage. It was turned off by default and we turned it on. Then powered phone off and back on. Still no luck. Did a quick reboot of controller by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in with grill running. Still no fun.

Hope those couple of steps might help somebody get theirs up and running.

Latest Discussions

Back