Teach an old dog new tricks…

DABinTX

Reaction score
Hello y’al!

I’m new to pretty much all of this. I’ve always used my old original Weber kettle charcoal grill. Finally decided to try some pellet grilling and smoking. Still trying to decide which PB to get, but I’m leaning towards the 1600 at Lowe’s.

I figure I can get plenty of tips, tricks, and help from this forum. Looking forward to it.

Hello y’al!

I’m new to pretty much all of this. I’ve always used my old original Weber kettle charcoal grill. Finally decided to try some pellet grilling and smoking. Still trying to decide which PB to get, but I’m leaning towards the 1600 at Lowe’s.

I figure I can get plenty of tips, tricks, and help from this forum. Looking forward to it.
Welcome! I have the 1600 and I love it. I was deciding between the 1150 and the 1600 and someone told me to go with the 1600 because you don't want to go smaller and wish you had more cooking space if you need it. In my opinion that was great advice for me. I don't fill it all the time but I have loaded it up a few times and am glad I got the larger one. For me the other factor was the double walled cooking chamber, it holds the heat better in the cold weather in NH. It looks like you're in TX so not a deciding factor for you. Good luck with you decision. If you have any questions about the 1600 shoot me a message, I'd be happy to answer them if I can.

Welcome! I have the 1600 and I love it. I was deciding between the 1150 and the 1600 and someone told me to go with the 1600 because you don't want to go smaller and wish you had more cooking space if you need it. In my opinion that was great advice for me. I don't fill it all the time but I have loaded it up a few times and am glad I got the larger one. For me the other factor was the double walled cooking chamber, it holds the heat better in the cold weather in NH. It looks like you're in TX so not a deciding factor for you. Good luck with you decision. If you have any questions about the 1600 shoot me a message, I'd be happy to answer them if I can.
Thanks, as I’m sure I’ll have some. Sorry, between moving into a new house and working long hours, I have limited time, for now.

Latest Discussions

Back