Tailgater gets too hot

Zach

Reaction score
I turned my tailgater to the smoke setting, but it keeps feeding pellets and gets to over 300. What do I need to do to fix?

Sounds like the wires are crossed which is a common problem. Is this a new unit? If so look at the wiring diagram in the user manual. I think the fan and auger wires are crossed. Very common problem with Pit Boss out of the box.

Sounds like the wires are crossed which is a common problem. Is this a new unit? If so look at the wiring diagram in the user manual. I think the fan and auger wires are crossed. Very common problem with Pit Boss out of the box.
No, I've had the grill for about two years now and never had this issue which is why it's confusing. Is there a chance a wire short circuited which is making the auger continuously feed pellets?

That's really odd. I have no clue, best bet is to call PB customer service and leave a call back number. They are short staffed and hard to get a hold of but I have found it best to call them and then leave a call back number.

That's really odd. I have no clue, best bet is to call PB customer service and leave a call back number. They are short staffed and hard to get a hold of but I have found it best to call them and then leave a call back number.
Ok, thank you. I'll try giving them a call

Latest Discussions

Back