standard pellets

flashman2021

Reaction score
Hi Y'all .....Just throwing this out there and wondering due to the high cost of wood pellets can you use those pellets that burn in a fireplace? I did some researching on brands in my area and found out that all (do not having additives or glue) in them....Just wondering......any feedback would be greatly appreciated .....

Happy grilling

Like Mike said I will would not, but pellet burning stoves and fireplaces now are using pellets without additives and glues since they are know to cause flume fires in the past. I think in mid 90s they stopped with the glue, but I beleive there maybe still some out there. Back in the day Pellet grills used pellets with glue so it has changed.

My buddy that I hunt with uses the pellets from Sam's club in his Pellet burning fireplace at the cabin since he goes right past a Sams to get to the cabin as the fireplace has a completely different burn pot and the temps run at a higher pace than a smoker. He see no difference in the heat output that the pellets he gets from the Fireplace B&M store where he bought it. He actually saves about $5 a bag from getting the ones from Sams and I used the same pellets in my PB and Yoder now.

Latest Discussions

Back