Solid slide plate for pro series 1150

STT

Reaction score
Is there a solid slide plate that will fit the pro series 1150? I use my ceramic grill for searing so have no use for the searing option. I have already put a defuser on which works much better. But still will get hot at that spot.

Is there a solid slide plate that will fit the pro series 1150? I use my ceramic grill for searing so have no use for the searing option. I have already put a defuser on which works much better. But still will get hot at that spot.
Curious to know too. Want the smoker as a smoker, not a grilling combo.

I changed my slotted slider on my PB850PS2 for the solid one that fits the PB820PS1 and I think the radius is the same on the 1150.
I verified by going to Lowe's and they had the 850 and 820 side by side so I opened them up and swapped parts to verify the fit.
Then ordered the part from Pit Boss, it works better this way. I modified mine a little, got rid of the tab used to slide and changed the way it slides, plus it is super easy to foil the broiler plate this way and it stopped the ash that would come up thru the slots.
20210115_115452.jpg
20210115_191547.jpg
20210115_191528.jpg
20210115_191511.jpg

I changed my slotted slider on my PB850PS2 for the solid one that fits the PB820PS1 and I think the radius is the same on the 1150.
I verified by going to Lowe's and they had the 850 and 820 side by side so I opened them up and swapped parts to verify the fit.
Then ordered the part from Pit Boss, it works better this way. I modified mine a little, got rid of the tab used to slide and changed the way it slides, plus it is super easy to foil the broiler plate this way and it stopped the ash that would come up thru the slots.View attachment 1059View attachment 1060View attachment 1061View attachment 1062
Thanks, I guess I will take a trip to Lowe's when I get a chance.

Wish there was an optional drip tray that is completely solid, no slots, no sliding piece, for the people who just want a dedicated smoker without searing features

Wish there was an optional drip tray that is completely solid, no slots, no sliding piece, for the people who just want a dedicated smoker without searing features
you can just weld the solid slider to the drip tray so your it becomes solid.

you can just weld the solid slider to the drip tray so your it becomes solid.
If I was to do that, I would weld to the bottom, then fill in the slots on the top side so there was a congruent surface the entire length of the top side of the drip pan.

Honestly, if going through all that, I would just fabricate a new one out of 12ga 304 stainless and be done with it

Last edited:
If I was to do that, I would weld to the bottom, then fill in the slots on the top side so there was a congruent surface the entire length of the top side of the drip pan.

Honestly, if going through all that, I would just fabricate a new one out of 12ga 304 stainless and be done with it
yes but it has a different radius than the top

Latest Discussions

Back