Sold our Pit Boss

JimG

Reaction score
Sold our Pit Boss. Admin can delete this thread if you want.

Last edited:
YOU ARE SO RIGHT I AM GOING TO SMOKE A BRISKET ON MY WEBER KETTLE FOR FIRST TWO HOURS THEN PUT IN THE BRUNSWICK TO FINISH...SEE HOW THIS WORK.....

I smoke this brisket on my Weber grill for two hours with lump charcoal and wood chunks.... then I put it in Brunswick to finish and it came out great good smoke flavor.. My answer to less smoke taste from a pellet grill….

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpeg
    IMG_1069.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 19
Has anyone tried charcoal pellets
Tried Pitboss Charcoal but did not care for them. Ended up mixing them with other blends just to use them up. Saw a YouTube review claiming real charcoal smell and taste but but didn't' come out that way for me.

Tried Pitboss Charcoal but did not care for them. Ended up mixing them with other blends just to use them up. Saw a YouTube review claiming real charcoal smell and taste but but didn't' come out that way for me.
I completely agree, I thought that added little to no charcoal flavor. I have a full bucket of them but I won't mix them in with my good pellets because I don't want to mess with the flavor of the Cookin Pellets. Everyone's tastes are different but I was really disappointed.

I completely agree, I thought that added little to no charcoal flavor. I have a full bucket of them but I won't mix them in with my good pellets because I don't want to mess with the flavor of the Cookin Pellets. Everyone's tastes are different but I was really disappointed.
Thanks for the perspective. I’ll keep that in mind but I’m still tempted to try it out on something where smoke isn’t a big deal.

I read this article about pellet grills thought I would share it... This tells me why you get a lighter smoke taste......

Smoking on Pellet Grills​

This is what pellet cookers are really built for. They’re constructed so that those new to BBQ smoking can adopt a new cooking style with ease, whereas a large offset or cabinet smoker usually requires a good deal of know-how to operate. Even better, pellet grills generate thin smoke that’s free of creosote, a byproduct of incomplete combustion common to improperly operated charcoal or wood-burning offset smokers. Vertical wood pellet smokers in particular infuse smoked foods like ribs and pork butts with a cleaner flavor than that of electric or charcoal grills, which rely on smoldering wood chips that may not completely combust.

Latest Discussions

Back