Smoking Thursday for Saturday

ANT0407

Reaction score
I am going to be smoking a 9.5 lb Butt tomorrow to serve at our Christmas party on Saturday. Tomorrow is the only time I will have to smoke it. My thought is to smoke it and leave it whole wrapped in foil in the fridge, and then heat it slowly in the oven Saturday morning then pull it apart just before the party at 4. Is that the best way to do it? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I think that’s viable, and sometimes food is better after a reheat. I’ve been thinking about the same thing for a rib thing I’ve got coming up. I might have to do two types of ribs separately, so the first one will cool down. So I’m thinking why not just heat batch one back up in the oven for our Christmas Eve rib-a-looza,

I think that’s viable, and sometimes food is better after a reheat. I’ve been thinking about the same thing for a rib thing I’ve got coming up. I might have to do two types of ribs separately, so the first one will cool down. So I’m thinking why not just heat batch one back up in the oven for our Christmas Eve rib-a-looza,
That was my thought as well, the smoke flavor is always better the day after, and I just don't have any other time to fire up the smoker before Saturday. I think reheating your ribs is your answer as well. I think I'm going to reheat my butt at 175 starting in the morning and let it slowly come to temp.

I did 3 butts for a party for the next day and I pulled them apart and put them in foil pans and put the juice on top of the meat from each butt. So I had 3 pans of pulled pork and tightly wrapped in foil for a cover. Then I heated them up slowly in the oven and it worked out good everyone kept on asking how I did it and I just said on the grill with some wood and charcoal lol. I have also reheated a pan of pulled pork on the pellet grill for a party I had recently that worked out too cuz I had limited oven space. My theory about pulling the meat first was to do it while it was warm still and it just seemed easier that way. It wasn’t dry

I did 3 butts for a party for the next day and I pulled them apart and put them in foil pans and put the juice on top of the meat from each butt. So I had 3 pans of pulled pork and tightly wrapped in foil for a cover. Then I heated them up slowly in the oven and it worked out good everyone kept on asking how I did it and I just said on the grill with some wood and charcoal lol. I have also reheated a pan of pulled pork on the pellet grill for a party I had recently that worked out too cuz I had limited oven space. My theory about pulling the meat first was to do it while it was warm still and it just seemed easier that way. It wasn’t dry
Thanks for the input. That makes sense too. I'm going to have to think about it. I was thinking of reheating the whole butt and then pulling right before I serve it to retain moisture. But you are saying you had success pulling prior to refrigeration. Hmmmmmm what to do.....lol

I decided to use this method. I pulled it after a rest, put the juices back in and sealed it tightly. Tomorrow is the party, were supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow so we might have fewer guests. More pulled pork for us!

I decided to use this method. I pulled it after a rest, put the juices back in and sealed it tightly. Tomorrow is the party, were supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow so we might have fewer guests. More pulled pork for us!
Keep it covered in the oven too while heating it up. I hope all goes well.

So here are my thoughts. The only drawback I saw by pulling it first was that when I reheated it, it lost its nice color. The flavor was fantastic, it was tender and moist. The guests loved it. It definitely heated quicker than reheating a whole butt. Maybe next time I'll try it that way and see the difference. I would do it like I did this time again, it worked out well. Oh ......I reheated at 200 for an hour

So here are my thoughts. The only drawback I saw by pulling it first was that when I reheated it, it lost its nice color. The flavor was fantastic, it was tender and moist. The guests loved it. It definitely heated quicker than reheating a whole butt. Maybe next time I'll try it that way and see the difference. I would do it like I did this time again, it worked out well. Oh ......I reheated at 200 for an hour
Great that all went well. Always learning.

Latest Discussions

Back