Smoking Thursday for Saturday

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for providing instructions on how to do this. I need to provide pulled pork for a family get together this weekend, and it will be much more feasible to smoke it the day before and reheat when I get there.

Sounds like I want to smoke, wrap, and rest like usual. Then pull it that same day while warm, pour the juices over the pulled meat in the pan, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Then warm up slowly in oven while it is still covered.

Does anyone have any opinions about warming it up in a large 6qt slow cooker instead? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for providing instructions on how to do this. I need to provide pulled pork for a family get together this weekend, and it will be much more feasible to smoke it the day before and reheat when I get there.

Sounds like I want to smoke, wrap, and rest like usual. Then pull it that same day while warm, pour the juices over the pulled meat in the pan, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Then warm up slowly in oven while it is still covered.

Does anyone have any opinions about warming it up in a large 6qt slow cooker instead? Thanks in advance.
When I reheat I am careful not to re-cook. I just like it no hotter than 160. To hot to long makes it pithy not tender and juicey.

Latest Discussions

Back