Smoking Drumsticks

rewagner

Reaction score
Going to be smoking a bunch of drumsticks on Saturday and taking them to a family gathering on Sunday about 45 minutes away. Any recommendations on how to reheat them at the location? There will be some BBQ grills there. Was thinking of wrapping it in foil and putting them in a large foil pan, then putting the whole thing on the grill pit there to warm up? Also, thinking of maybe getting up early Saturday and smoking them and wrapping them and putting them in a HOT/COLD bag and hope they stay hot/warm by the time we get there?

A couple months ago, I smoked a few dozen drumsticks, put them in aluminum roasting pans, covered in foil and wrapped in cheap moving blankets. They were still hot a couple hours later.

I haven't reheated them -- but, I would imagine you could toss them in the oven on Sunday and do the same thing.

Personally, I like cold chicken :)

A couple months ago, I smoked a few dozen drumsticks, put them in aluminum roasting pans, covered in foil and wrapped in cheap moving blankets. They were still hot a couple hours later.

I haven't reheated them -- but, I would imagine you could toss them in the oven on Sunday and do the same thing.

Personally, I like cold chicken :)
I prefer cold myself. Thanks for the keeping warm idea. Think I will go with that?

Latest Discussions

Back