Smoked eggs

ANT0407

Reaction score
Has anyone smoked eggs in the shell? My girlfriend asked me to smoke some eggs for her to make some deviled eggs with. I found some videos on YouTube, they look good. Has anyone done them? How did you do them? How did they turn out?

No. But one of the things I want to try is "scotch eggs". Would have to soft boil first. I think the smoke would give some nice extra flavor

Has anyone smoked eggs in the shell? My girlfriend asked me to smoke some eggs for her to make some deviled eggs with. I found some videos on YouTube, they look good. Has anyone done them? How did you do them? How did they turn out?
This is a new one so I'll be following

You put them on raw in the shell for 2 hours at 225 instead of boiling them. I guess the smoke penetrates the shell. Might be a neat twist on deviled eggs.
Ok, so I had to Google it. Found several sites with how to do etc.
My wife's going to think I've gone off the deep end when I tell her about this project.

At least mine brought it up......she's the crazy one!
I hope you didn't tell her she's the crazy one that not going to get you points .well smoked eggs I'm always looking to smoke something I will have to try this might try this with my burnt wieners this Sunday

I may try that tomorrow I guess it’s trial and error to see if they are done cuz u can’t probe those lol. Prolly throw a couple extra in and crack them open after the 2 hour mark is what I’m thinking. I wonder if the yolks will still have that vibrant yellow.

I may try that tomorrow I guess it’s trial and error to see if they are done cuz u can’t probe those lol. Prolly throw a couple extra in and crack them open after the 2 hour mark is what I’m thinking. I wonder if the yolks will still have that vibrant yellow.
Great, a volunteer!!! Let us know how it goes. I’m thinking to play it safe make sure there’s something under the eggs to catch anything of the eggs crack prematurely.

I'm putting them on this morning, I'll let you know how it goes

Latest Discussions

Back