Smoked Chuck Roast

Not yet but willing to try it sometime. I'll watch the video when I have more time.

I have a few times the first one did not trun out well, but after some learning lessons on the first one after they were great.

I have. Easy to over cook. I learned to wrap it in foil for the last portion of the cook to not dry out.
I use them as my "beef" portion in my Brunswick stew.

I just did my first one, it came out fantastic! 8 hours total cooking time on my Pit boss 1600 at 225 with it wrapped in butcher paper for the last 3 hours. I rested it for 2.5 hours in a cooler wrapped in a towel.It was a 6 pound chuck roast.

Attachments

• 20210228_170310.jpg
    20210228_170310.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20210228_171043.jpg
    20210228_171043.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 91

Has anyone tried smoking Chuck Roast steak?
Did my first one a week ago. Wasn't terrible, but I rushed it a bit. The girls thought it was OK. I did it again Wednesday and took a little more time. Turned out much better. Wrapped in smokin paper the last 3 hours, rested in a cooler an hour. My picky 14 year old daughter thought it was pretty good. I'll take that as a win. (She's partial to smoked pork tenderloin. Not my favorite, but I'm just the cook...)

I just did my first one, it came out fantastic! 8 hours total cooking time on my Pit boss 1600 at 225 with it wrapped in butcher paper for the last 3 hours. I rested it for 2.5 hours in a cooler wrapped in a towel.It was a 6 pound chuck roast.
SAME ! Did this last weekend and it came out AMAZING. One thing I did do is add some beef tallow when I wrapped it. Smoked at 225 for about 5/6 hours til it hit 165 on the probes. Wrapped in butcher paper and with about 3 tablespoons of beef tallow. Smoked for another 2 to 3 hours til it hit 205 internal. Rested in cooler for about 3 hours as well.

SAME ! Did this last weekend and it came out AMAZING. One thing I did do is add some beef tallow when I wrapped it. Smoked at 225 for about 5/6 hours til it hit 165 on the probes. Wrapped in butcher paper and with about 3 tablespoons of beef tallow. Smoked for another 2 to 3 hours til it hit 205 internal. Rested in cooler for about 3 hours as well.
Nice! Glad it worked for you. I just got tallow to try with my last brisket. I'll be using it on beef when I can.

So far I have made 2 chuck roasts and they turned out pretty good. Much cheaper than a brisket so if it messes up I'm not out a ton of money eating an old boot! Should probably do another one this weekend.

I am planning a chuck roast this weekend. I know some slice, and some pull. What is the IT for slicing vs pulling? Anyone know?

I am planning a chuck roast this weekend. I know some slice, and some pull. What is the IT for slicing vs pulling? Anyone know?
Mine was 210 and was able to pull it. I just look for the probe to go in like butter. The previous one before that it was 205 and I sliced that one. I’m doing another one tomorrow and plan on slicing that one so I’ll will pay more attention. It may all just be the difference between just using a knife for slicing vs claws or hands for pulling. They both were very tender.

Smoked on the Brunswick with no smoke tube it came out pretty damm good not a lot of smoke flavor but enough...... Unbelievable smoke ring

Latest Discussions

Back