Smoked Chuck Roast

Did my first one a week ago. Wasn't terrible, but I rushed it a bit. The girls thought it was OK. I did it again Wednesday and took a little more time. Turned out much better. Wrapped in smokin paper the last 3 hours, rested in a cooler an hour. My picky 14 year old daughter thought it was pretty good. I'll take that as a win. (She's partial to smoked pork tenderloin. Not my favorite, but I'm just the cook...)
Have not tried one yet. When you rested it for so long in a cooler wasn't it cold to eat? I like things hot to warm when eating?

I rest stuff in the cooler all the time. Sometimes for 2 or 3 hours and I have never had anything be cold. In fact, most of it is still too hot to handle bare handed. Basically you wrap the meat in a towel and put it in a cooler. Try it sometime, it works.

I rest stuff in the cooler all the time. Sometimes for 2 or 3 hours and I have never had anything be cold. In fact, most of it is still too hot to handle bare handed. Basically you wrap the meat in a towel and put it in a cooler. Try it sometime, it works.
Going to give a try, but this will be a new one on me.

First time smoking anything & I after reading through the forum, I used Pit Boss competition blend pellets & Pit Boss beef seasoning for a 4 lb bone-in beef chuck roast. It was on the smoker for 7 hrs total at 225°. Wrapped it in butcher paper after the first 4 hrs. Pulled it out of the smoker with 150° internally & wrapped in a towel to rest in a cooler for 2 hrs.

Attachments

• 20220204_191808.jpg
    20220204_191808.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220204_191813.jpg
    20220204_191813.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 34
First time smoking anything & I after reading through the forum, I used Pit Boss competition blend pellets & Pit Boss beef seasoning for a 4 lb bone-in beef chuck roast. It was on the smoker for 7 hrs total at 225°. Wrapped it in butcher paper after the first 4 hrs. Pulled it out of the smoker with 150° internally & wrapped in a towel to rest in a cooler for 2 hrs.
How was it? Was it tender?

Pulled it out of the smoker with 150° internally & wrapped in a towel to rest in a cooler for 2 hrs.
I just did my second one and let it go until a little above 200. Very tender and moist. The first one I did was a little tough when I pulled it at 180. Neither had a bone.

A true work of art

Latest Discussions

Back