Smoke tube location

StuKatz

Reaction score
I was smoking some pork ribs on my vertical smoker PVB4PS2 and put the smoke tub on the rack just below the ribs. This was a mistake as the heat and smoke from the tube turned the ribs into charchoal.

Where should the smoke tube go to avoid this, but still produce max smoke flavor?

I was smoking some pork ribs on my vertical smoker PVB4PS2 and put the smoke tub on the rack just below the ribs. This was a mistake as the heat and smoke from the tube turned the ribs into charchoal.

Where should the smoke tube go to avoid this, but still produce max smoke flavor?
I put mine on bottom rack, left and/or right sides with meat usually a couple racks up

I put mine between two drip pans.....and so the smoke comes up all the way from the bottom and the clean up is SOOO much easier.

1654617405366.png

I agree with
Mike from R.I. But have the 820 and I place mine to the far left so it has further to travel before going out of the smoke stack.
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I put mine between two drip pans.....and so the smoke comes up all the way from the bottom and the clean up is SOOO much easier.

View attachment 2699
I've yet to use any type of cover over that catch tray. Which with some meats gets pretty sloppy, but I always to a burn off at the end and that pretty much incinerates everything. However, as fun as the pyromania is I probably should catch the drippings to save much of that.

I have trouble keeping the smoke tube going at time, especially with some of the cheaper pellets. Any advice?

View attachment 2699
I see you have markers on your probes. What did you use? Or did they come with the smoker? I've read that paint won't work and certain markers online will just discolor with the smoke over time.

I see you have markers on your probes. What did you use? Or did they come with the smoker? I've read that paint won't work and certain markers online will just discolor with the smoke over time.
Those look just like me inkbird probes. Well mine are actually smoked over some now. LoL

They came with the probes and discolor over time.

I have trouble keeping the smoke tube going at time, especially with some of the cheaper pellets. Any advice?
You need to hit it with a torch and let it burn with the flame for a good 5-10 mins before you put it in the smoker. Let those pellets burn into the tube a good bit

I went out and purchased a mini butane torch from lowes to light my smoke tube and I have it in a aluminum tray I let it set out side for 5min then place it on the lower shelf I have had good results doing it that way

Latest Discussions

Back