Smoke setting temp

Shwelty

Reaction score
Just got my pit boss pro series vertical smoker. When I put it on the smoke setting the control board only only gets around 115 degrees. Is this normal I would of thought would be a little warmer.

180-190 deg, did you check the temperature with a separate thermometer? (PBV4PS2 here). Always can try calling Pit Boss Tech support 877 303 3134 option 2. Their open 7 days a week.

Last edited:
180-190 deg, did you check the temperature with a separate thermometer? (PBV4PS2 here). Always can try calling Pit Boss Tech support 877 303 3134 option 2. Their open 7 days a week.
Yes showing 121 on the controller and 132 on a temperature probe.

Did you do the initial burn off? The controller needs a few times/cooks to learn . Might be a new but bad RTD, give them a call.

Last edited:
I would let it run on 300 for about 20 minutes then back it off to 200. After it settles down a bit then go back to the smoke setting and see what you get.

Just got my pit boss pro series vertical smoker. When I put it on the smoke setting the control board only only gets around 115 degrees. Is this normal I would of thought would be a little warmer.
I have a horizontal my start up setting is p4 it usually gets around 180 or 190 if its warm outside Itll hit around 200 outside temp makes a big difference you can go to p3 or set it on 200 you will still get a good bit of smoke

Latest Discussions

Back