Smoke IT App

Kp33

Reaction score
The Smoke it app doesn’t seem to be working. Can’t figure out how to use the time....I can change the set temp using the dial on the app but it won’t change the set temp on the actual smoker.

I’m with you, so disappointed in the app. All it is good for is monitoring the temp, that is as long as you are 20 fr from the grill. I lose the WiFi or Bluetooth connection when I go in the house.

I’m with you, so disappointed in the app. All it is good for is monitoring the temp, that is as long as you are 20 fr from the grill. I lose the WiFi or Bluetooth connection when I go in the house.
What’s weird is I recently got the new iPhone...prior to that I had an android and it did work well. I could adjust temp use timer everything. Also on android it had a probe set and current temp for the probe but I don’t see that now.

I tried mine for the first time today, with an iPhone I had no problems from at least 200’ away while working in the yard, I thought it worked quite well.

I tried mine for the first time today, with an iPhone I had no problems from at least 200’ away while working in the yard, I thought it worked quite well.
We’re you able to adjust temps? I could not. I have the brand new iPhone not sure if that’s the issue but couldn’t change temps unless I was doing something wrong.

We’re you able to adjust temps? I could not. I have the brand new iPhone not sure if that’s the issue but couldn’t change temps unless I was doing something wrong.
Yes, mine seemed to work as advertised, i am connected Bluetooth and WiFi

How come mine worked 5 miles away ? Went to the grocery store mid smoke and was even able to adjust and monitor temp while shopping. I was impressed so much I've been trying to research distance with this app and have found nothing from what I experienced (pro 850s2)

How come mine worked 5 miles away ? Went to the grocery store mid smoke and was even able to adjust and monitor temp while shopping. I was impressed so much I've been trying to research distance with this app and have found nothing from what I experienced (pro 850s2)
Is anyone using it on the 1150?...what’s weird is I just got a new iPhone prior I had android and it worked but only shows actual temp on iPhone and can’t adjust temp up or down.

I used my new Laredo 1000 yesterday on a couple of steaks. It worked great & I could change temps from about 60-70 yards away. I burned it off a few weeks back and tested the app while running some errands in town. It controlled it from a few miles away.

I had problems initially getting the app to connect and found that I had my android phone set to 5G. Once I changed it to 2.4 it connected right away and I had no further issues with it.

Is anyone using it on the 1150?...what’s weird is I just got a new iPhone prior I had android and it worked but only shows actual temp on iPhone and can’t adjust temp up or down.
The IT guys think there is something wrong with the blue tooth on my control panel...when I turn off blue tooth and WiFi they said the IT light on my control panel should blink as this means no connection...mine does not blink. My only issue with their theory is it will show the correct actual temp Just nothing else.

I've tried everything with the app. Like most politicians, it promises nirvana and delivers a ghetto existence. New iPhone and PB 1600. Just doesn't work. Can't trust anything on the screen.

I've tried everything with the app. Like most politicians, it promises nirvana and delivers a ghetto existence. New iPhone and PB 1600. Just doesn't work. Can't trust anything on the screen.
Interesting as my phone is a new iPhone as well and my grill is the new 1150. Did you talk to the IT guys?

After playing with the app and the 1150 smoker over several weeks - I have turned off Bluetooth in the smoker app settings (not the general Bluetooth setting) and let it connect only through wifi. You need Bluetooth to connect to WiFi but after connecting the first time I do not think you need it. Wifi works well from everywhere. I have pretty strong WiFi on the side of the house where the smoker is. I am totally guessing but I think the problem is that the app defaults to Bluetooth if you are anywhere near the smoker, but doesn’t work well if you are in a medium distant range. Ie, it senses the Bluetooth but it’s too far away to connect properly.

After playing with the app and the 1150 smoker over several weeks - I have turned off Bluetooth in the smoker app settings (not the general Bluetooth setting) and let it connect only through wifi. You need Bluetooth to connect to WiFi but after connecting the first time I do not think you need it. Wifi works well from everywhere. I have pretty strong WiFi on the side of the house where the smoker is. I am totally guessing but I think the problem is that the app defaults to Bluetooth if you are anywhere near the smoker, but doesn’t work well if you are in a medium distant range. Ie, it senses the Bluetooth but it’s too far away to connect properly.
I’ll try that but I couldn’t get it to work standing in front of it. Only thing that would work for me was the app did read the actual temp.

I just tried it, it did not work for me. I turned Bluetooth off inside the actual app settings.

Latest Discussions

Back