Smoke-It App

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a grill with WiFi but I found this video. He says he has some tips but I haven't watched the whole thing yet. Maybe it can help people out.

Great posting tip MikeinFla... Also something else for the new PB PID WiFi Controller users to checkout and see if it’s possible, is to download the firmware update for the SmokeIT App used by Louisiana Grills... There new Controllers appears to be the same as PitBoss’s and they are both Danson Corp. companies. The Louisiana Grills Controllers, as per their website says that they are adjustable within 5* degree increments as well. I’m sure all the glitches that new PitBoss Owners are dealing with is due to outdated and faulty firmware. PitBoss/Dansen Corp. should make Louisiana Grills firmware available to all PitBoss WiFi users as well and hopefully solve the on going issues/problems with its Controllers software and allow the PitBoss Controller to be able to be set within 5* degree increments from 180* degrees on up to 600* degrees. https://louisiana-grills.com/black-label-series-lp

Christmas will be here in a few weeks as well and these grills would/could be a great Christmas gift if all the glitches with its controllers are solved. Hopefully it’s possible with the Louisiana Grills “SmokeIt” firmware.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... In SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

Great posting tip MikeinFla... Also something else for the new PB PID WiFi Controller users to checkout and see if it’s possible, is to download the firmware update for the SmokeIT App used by Louisiana Grills... There new Controllers appears to be the same as PitBoss’s and they are both Danson Corp. companies. The Louisiana Grills Controllers, as per their website says that they are adjustable within 5* degree increments as well. I’m sure all the glitches that new PitBoss Owners are dealing with is due to outdated and faulty firmware. PitBoss/Dansen Corp. should make Louisiana Grills firmware available to all PitBoss WiFi users as well and hopefully solve the on going issues/problems with its Controllers software and allow the PitBoss Controller to be able to be set within 5* degree increments from 180* degrees on up to 600* degrees. https://louisiana-grills.com/black-label-series-lp

Christmas will be here in a few weeks as well and these grills would/could be a great Christmas gift if all the glitches with its controllers are solved. Hopefully it’s possible with the Louisiana Grills “SmokeIt” firmware.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... In SoCal and Always... Semper F
Louisianan is a step up from a Pit Boss grill and they are different controllers so they may have different firmware chips in it that is why you cannot push there firmware. The new Pit Boss Controllers are not outdated as these are newly designed PID's. I am certain Pit Boss is working on fixing the issue and possibly adding the 5 degree increment to the software so just have to hope they do it. We can hope for a christmas miracle they can resolved it by the 25th.

In my original post, I stated that the new PitBoss Pellet Grills WiFi and Temp Control problems and issues were due to outdated/faulty firmware... The Controllers are new as I stated, but their firmware/software is full of glitches. Hopefully a complete fix/update is made available soon.

In my original post, I stated that the new PitBoss Pellet Grills WiFi and Temp Control problems and issues were due to outdated/faulty firmware... The Controllers are new as I stated, but their firmware/software is full of glitches. Hopefully a complete fix/update is made available soon.

The new Pit Boss Grills do not have outdated controllers. The Legacy Pro Series do, but not the new ones so I am confused on what is outdated.

The new Pit Boss Grills do not have outdated controllers. The Legacy Pro Series do, but not the new ones so I am confused on what is outdated.

Smh... Where did I say/post that the new PitBoss grills have outdated controllers?? I never did. Firstly, I always post with the intention on helping others and not to debate or argue a point. I’m a PitBoss customer first and PitBoss has always been helpful and supportive when I needed help and warranty support. Again, I stated in my original post that the PID WiFi controllers were new... as of this year. To give you a time line... The first Pit Boss Platinum Series Pellet Grills were released in January 2020. It’s now December 2020. The Smoke-IT App has also been out since January 2020 as well. The Firmware within the Controllers is outdated... The firmware is about a year old now and needs to be updated too correct and fix the glitches that some customers are having. Firmware is the Code within their PID WiFi Controllers... Hopefully, I assume you are aware that Windows PC’s and Smart Phones always receives Firmware Updates for security and device function improvements. If you have one, your Smartphone will tell you from time to time that there is an Update available for your smartphone to download. So updates for Smart devices is the Norm in the Smart World we live in today. The Apps on Smartphones are always receiving updates as well.... The Firmware within the new PitBoss PID WiFi Controllers will require updates to be sent to it too fix any errors or glitches within its system. Much easier and cheaper to have a simple down loadable update for repairs then to have a customer have too remove and replace the entire controller. The Smoke-IT app will also require updates to be downloaded to Smartphones that have the App installed. Sometimes, just for security reasons. Hopefully PitBoss will be able to send out updates for its WiFi Controllers the same way. I’m sure PitBoss is aware of what’s required and will do there best to correct the problems that their Customers are having with there PID WiFi Controllers.

Latest Discussions

Back