Smoke it App

Shane/Stacy

Reaction score
Hi we're new and just bought are first Pit Boss Platinum KC Combo And first Impressions after smoking a Boston Butt and a Turkey at the same time and it passed our expectations for sure. Only thing I have a question about is the Smoke It app. It's got a 1.1 rating on the app store which I would think isn't going to work very good. Is there another way you can maybe Bluetooth or if another app may work we just wanted to find out. Thanks

I think a lot of people I’ve issues due to their lack of wifi signal strength to be honest

Welcome to the group, I agree there is lots of bad press and deservedly so with a bunch of new updates, etc that seemed to give folks fits, but it has worked for me most all the time. I just make sure that I use at least one other temperature monitoring device.

Welcome to the group, I agree there is lots of bad press and deservedly so with a bunch of new updates, etc that seemed to give folks fits, but it has worked for me most all the time. I just make sure that I use at least one other temperature monitoring device.
Ok thanks. Do you just use another app for the temperature device or use something manually

Hi we're new and just bought are first Pit Boss Platinum KC Combo And first Impressions after smoking a Boston Butt and a Turkey at the same time and it passed our expectations for sure. Only thing I have a question about is the Smoke It app. It's got a 1.1 rating on the app store which I would think isn't going to work very good. Is there another way you can maybe Bluetooth or if another app may work we just wanted to find out. Thanks
I needed help from the App Support who helped determine that the contoller’s Blue Tooth signal was too weak and helped arrange a replacement from PitBoss whom I am waiting to hear from. For manual grilling the controller works ok.

Welcome....the Smoke-it is the only app/apps .I use the Smoke-it Legacy app for my smoker but I do not see it now in the play store. It's going to either work or not, if it doesn't call Pit Boss Tech Support 877 303 3134 option 2.

Latest Discussions

Back