Smoke it app

gzub

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking at one of the Pit Boss Pro Series smoker's that Lowes sells. I have been looking but can't seem to find anything on if the smoke it app will work from anywhere. Say if I was at the food store would I be able to check and see how the temp is or do I have to be close to the smoker. Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Hey everyone, looking at one of the Pit Boss Pro Series smoker's that Lowes sells. I have been looking but can't seem to find anything on if the smoke it app will work from anywhere. Say if I was at the food store would I be able to check and see how the temp is or do I have to be close to the smoker. Thanks to anyone that can help me.
If connected correctly the SMOKE iT app will work from ANYWHERE <))))><

Thanks. I hear there are alot of problems with it.
You won't be disappointed. Most folks don't realize that the BlueTooth signal emitted by the controller effects all functions of the app. Bad BlueTooth, bad functions. It has to be powerful too, not just good enough to display on your phone. Just call for Tech Support, they have the answers. Most folks (especially us guys) do not want to call for help. We just declare it a piece of crap because we couldn't figure it out on our own LOL <))))><

I’m confused about using the app the set the temp. I go outside and switch on. When it about 125 or so I visit the app and turn up to say 300.
I walk away and the grill doesn’t heat up. I go outside and see it’s still coasting along like when I switched on as if I didn’t access the app to turn up the temp.

I do the initiative thing and rotate to the desired temp and stop. So I need to click or tap or something to say “make it so”?

I have better luck with my smoker using the Smoke it Legacy app. The newest one out is terrible, it keeps loosing connection and won't respond many times, I deleted it and use the Legacy

I am appless.
deleted all apps and I am not missing them.
I will try again this weekend, maybe try the old (legacy) again and see what happens.
The new one just does not work, keeps shutting down when I try to set up new grill

I am appless.
I will try again this weekend, maybe try the old (legacy) again and see what happens.
The new one just does not work, keeps shutting down when I try to set up new grill

Give it a try. Who knows. It runs perfect on mine and it’s not supposed to. I had similar issues with the new version. Four days of trying I gave up. Legacy has done well. Besides all the testing between the two I actually wound up doing four cooks on the Legacy.
All the new one would do on mine was I’m guessing it connected as it would display my correct temps. But heaven help if I tried to make even a temp change. The app would blink the new setting. And then just stop and stay at the old one. The smoker control would do nothing. Legacy has done everything I’ve threw at it.

But y’all be aware! I noticed Legacy updated one day ago. I haven’t tried mine since then. Lol. Gonna be PO if it doesn’t work anymore.

I am appless.
Is the app seeing your grill/ smoker? Reason I had to change out my controller, now the Legacy is the best one for me. Newest one out looses connections and is terrible. I have 10 deg increment now instead of 25 and 50 deg on my PBV4PS2.

Mine worked just fine, temp. changes and everything until I got my updated controller with the 10* increments.
Then they became out of sync so I tried the new one but I can't even add my grill because the app shuts down when you press the + sign.

Give it a try. Who knows. It runs perfect on mine and it’s not supposed to. I had similar issues with the new version. Four days of trying I gave up. Legacy has done well. Besides all the testing between the two I actually wound up doing four cooks on the Legacy.
All the new one would do on mine was I’m guessing it connected as it would display my correct temps. But heaven help if I tried to make even a temp change. The app would blink the new setting. And then just stop and stay at the old one. The smoker control would do nothing. Legacy has done everything I’ve threw at it.

But y’all be aware! I noticed Legacy updated one day ago. I haven’t tried mine since then. Lol. Gonna be PO if it doesn’t work anymore.
I'm gonna be PO too.

Is the app seeing your grill/ smoker? Reason I had to change out my controller, now the Legacy is the best one for me. Newest one out looses connections and is terrible. I have 10 deg increment now instead of 25 and 50 deg on my PBV4PS2.
my controller connects to wifi no problem, but the app just shuts down when I try to add my grill so no it does not see my grill yet.
the wifi thing does not blink, it connected as soon as I plugged it in, probably because it was in my grill at one time already.

You won't be disappointed. Most folks don't realize that the BlueTooth signal emitted by the controller effects all functions of the app. Bad BlueTooth, bad functions. It has to be powerful too, not just good enough to display on your phone. Just call for Tech Support, they have the answers. Most folks (especially us guys) do not want to call for help. We just declare it a piece of crap because we couldn't figure it out on our own LOL <))))><
Dan, the normal end users should not have to jump thru a ring of fire to get a app to work. You buy a new car and turn the key and it's suppose to start and work great, know one should have to open the hood and figure out why it won't work. Newest app is terrible, Legacy works great for me, please don't mess with it. Controls from China that were bad I hope Pit Boss back charges them for it, instead of passing on the cost to us consumers here in America.

I'm gonna be PO too.

Well this is interesting. It’s almost 230 in the morning. I was thinking about that update I mentioned earlier on Legacy. Went to see if it had any specific info to what was changed. Guess what. As of this minute it’s GONE. Only app up is rhe new one. I looked and searched everywhere and can’t find it.
The one I had ran perfectly. Then it updated. I have not tried it yet. Don’t know if it will still work. I wish I had my phone set to NOT update apps automatically.
I’ll probably just test run it tomorrow.
I can’t figure out why they keep juggling them around??
Maybe it will be back. But as of now nope. Not under the developers content. Nowhere.

Well this is interesting. It’s almost 230 in the morning. I was thinking about that update I mentioned earlier on Legacy. Went to see if it had any specific info to what was changed. Guess what. As of this minute it’s GONE. Only app up is rhe new one. I looked and searched everywhere and can’t find it.
The one I had ran perfectly. Then it updated. I have not tried it yet. Don’t know if it will still work. I wish I had my phone set to NOT update apps automatically.
I’ll probably just test run it tomorrow.
I can’t figure out why they keep juggling them around??
Maybe it will be back. But as of now nope. Not under the developers content. Nowhere.
I check the play store and the Legacy is still there, I have Android phone.

Latest Discussions

Back