SMOKE IT app notifications showing different grill/ changing my temp

Mogakumono

Reaction score
I've had my 1150 for about half a year now. So far so good, but recently I noticed that I was getting notifications for a grill on my smoke it app that was not mine. The app would notify me of another grill called "Little Smokey Vert" whenever it came up to a set temperature. This isn't my grill, as I only have the one 1150. At first it wasn't an issue, until I started to smoke some chicken for pulled chicken today. I was running my smoker at 325 F and was gonna smoke the chicken breasts for about three hours. However, whenever I went out to check my smoker my set temperature dropped down to between 230 and 250 F. At the same time I was getting notifications that "Little Smokey Vert" was setting notification that it hit the same set temperature. I thought it was my neighbor who was grilling at the same time, but he wasn't using a pit boss. I tried to just set my temp and keep my eye on it, but I went inside for a bit to do some other work. I came back out and my smoker was powered off completely. I bought this smoker because I heard a pellet grill can work as a set and forget instead of spending all day working a fire with a stick burner and do overnight cooks, but now I feel like I can't turn my back for more than a few minutes. Has anyone else run into this issue where another grill seems to be affecting your temperature?

Thanks

You need to contact Pit-Boss customer service. I had the same issue with my 1600 - another person was able to control my grill settings through the internet remotely - My grill's notifications were showing their grill name instead - Either disconnect the WiFi, or get Pit-Boss to send you a new controller - Those are your only two options unfortunately - Good luck!

Latest Discussions

Back