SMOKE IT app issues

pkilli

Reaction score
I am trying to determine if anyone else who used it iOS SMOKE IT app gets sounds with the notifications? The developer is telling their support desk that is the phone that has the issue. I don't agree with that statement at all since both my iPhone and iPad experience the same issues. The notification does come up as a banner, but no sound. How can we use the notifications without constantly watching the phone? I have experienced this with the new app. I also notice that the - to change the temp does not work, the + does and the slider works, but I can't decrease temp using the -.

My advice is delete all app from your phone and tablet and use the manual adjustments. Stupid app has caused my 1150 to do crazy stuff. Mainly temp spikes past 400°.
I bought a 4 probe thermometer that's wifi. Can set high and low alarms on it. Sad part is all 4 of my 1150 probes are within 5° of my inkbird probes side by side.

I have an Android phone and with get a alert when it reaches a set temperature, sounds like a ding or bell.

I have Android, it's the phone sound that the app uses.
I deleted the app because it has changed my temperature settings even when the app is not running.
no more app, no problems!

I have an Iphone.. And have same issue. App works fine, just can't get the sound notifications as provided. I am thinking about just doing away with it on my Iphone. I have a working Kindle Fire which should do.. Probably will try it on next cook. Kind of sad they can't get this right? Of course I suppose it would be more important if you know..people actually owned iphones. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As long as the app works fine, I wouldn't worry myself sick over it. Only sound I get is when it's up to temp. at 250 deg or if i bump it up and when I do the burn off at the end of a smoke, no deal breaker for me if the sound did not work.

New here and new to Pit Boss. IOS app is useless...Keeps telling me that the grill is off, and temp setting don't seem to work....Also keeps disconnecting. I deleted it...

Recently replaced our modem and router, hence a new Wi-Fi signal. Everything in the house works better than before. Tried to connect the Smoke IT app yesterday but could not connect after several tries. It worked fine before. any suggestions? Will be calling their support number later in the week.

Even with the above disappointment, the sirloin tip roast came out great.

I think when I replaced our router a while ago, I had to delete the smoke-it app then reinstall it and then it found the new router.
Thanks Mike, I just may try that. Everything else that used Wifi is connected and the signal is stronger than before. Even the smart TV works without interruptions like before. So I'm sure the signal isn't the problem. Another project for another day.

Smoker/ grill was on?
Actually no, just plugged in. This morning I got an error to turn the smoker on and then it seemed to work. I tried with the smoker running the other day with no luck. Also tried several times with it just plugged in later but didn't get the error telling me to turn it on. Plan on doing two tender loins Wednesday and will try then. I'm sure it worked before just plugged in but don't remember if that was the old app with the old controller. Live and learn. Thanks for the guidance.

Latest Discussions

Back