Smoke iT App - Connection Issue

Rojogrande70

Reaction score
Bought my Lockhart yesterday and it tried to connect once then after it failed to connect to my Network it will not recognize the grill any longer. Tried removing the app from my phone and reinstalling. Same result. Had to unplug the unit and plug it back in to get the app to recognize it again. Tried to connect to Wifi Network again. Same result. Failed to connect. Any ideas?

Brother Red

I have the KC Combo and have gave up on the app. Never could get it to update. Keeps telling me it's finalizing.

I have the KC Combo and have gave up on the app. Never could get it to update. Keeps telling me it's finalizing.
Hate to hear this... Was really looking forward to this feature. Even tried to contact the app owner/creator just now and their contact information " [email protected]" gets you nothing! Just a bunch of websites that are similar.

Thanks for the info. No update available on my Android. Have installed several times with the same result. May have purchased another grill if I knew this was going to be such a pain!

Bought my Lockhart yesterday and it tried to connect once then after it failed to connect to my Network it will not recognize the grill any longer. Tried removing the app from my phone and reinstalling. Same result. Had to unplug the unit and plug it back in to get the app to recognize it again. Tried to connect to Wifi Network again. Same result. Failed to connect. Any ideas?

Brother Red
I had similar problems earlier with my KC Combo. Mine were solved by making sure it is connecting to the 2.4 channel on your router, not the 5g. Also my iPhone was in dark mode and I couldn't type in the router info until I changed it back to light mode. After these changes, mine works great.

I had similar problems earlier with my KC Combo. Mine were solved by making sure it is connecting to the 2.4 channel on your router, not the 5g. Also my iPhone was in dark mode and I couldn't type in the router info until I changed it back to light mode. After these changes, mine works great.
How do you connect it to the 2.4 channel? I have a I Phone & ATT internet.

Thanks Amabob. I made sure about the 2.4Ghz network, but my android phone is in dark mode. Will change to light before trying to connect next time.

About a month ago the Smoke IT started working on my Lockhart and has been fine ever since, even on wi-fi 10 miles away! Just gotta keep it running in the background when I leave home.

Latest Discussions

Back