Smoke-It app alternative?

Well, for me it did. I was having an issue with the graphing and had a couple exchanges with support. They made the drop and it fixed the issue I was having. I’ll be the first to say the app stunk before the rewrite, and it has a ways to go yet, but it is working for me now and they have made great strides. I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will continue to improve.
Out of curiosity, how are you contacting them when you are getting support for the app? My experience with that team was subpar, but perhaps I attempted to contact them at the wrong number, or maybe I should be doing it via email or chat. I'd love to give them the laundry list of issues I've had and feature requests.

Seems to me they're trying to be Traeger On A Budget (which is an excellent idea,) but that means competing on the tech front (one of the huge feathers in Traeger's cap, and one of the most heavily advertised features.) It's a great strategy, but if they don't fix the app to make it hum and add a few more features, they're gonna fall by the wayside when a competitor else steps in and actually delivers on their idea.

Out of curiosity, how are you contacting them when you are getting support for the app? My experience with that team was subpar, but perhaps I attempted to contact them at the wrong number, or maybe I should be doing it via email or chat. I'd love to give them the laundry list of issues I've had and feature requests.

Seems to me they're trying to be Traeger On A Budget (which is an excellent idea,) but that means competing on the tech front (one of the huge feathers in Traeger's cap, and one of the most heavily advertised features.) It's a great strategy, but if they don't fix the app to make it hum and add a few more features, they're gonna fall by the wayside when a competitor else steps in and actually delivers on their idea.
I called the 888-503-8702 number and left a message. I got a callback from Leslie who was very helpful. We then exchanged emails. Her e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks also for your polite interactions. I think support will appreciate that.

FYI,,just found out why my SMOKE IT is not connecting, so they are sending me a new one as the bluetooth module has failed. That is all.

For anyone following along, I called Pit Boss support and described my temp issues. They immediately said that the different temp readings from the 2 probes and the mounted temp gauge sounds like it's an issue with the temp gauge. They sent me a replacement right away.

When I mentioned the issue with the app connectivity, they directed me to call the app support number for the folks who work on the SmokeIt app (888-503-8702.) I left them a message, so we'll see how it goes. I'm personally a bit suspicious that it's an issue with the controller and / or WiFi radio in the smoker, but I'm willing to try out any troubleshooting methods before going back to Pit Boss support and requesting replacements of those components (I'd really rather not have to replace more parts than absolutely necessary.)

New PID controller is working except it's 50 degrees increments. I'm at 250 and just want to bump it to 260 or 275.....nope...300 is the next temp choice,,FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Discussions

Back