Smoke from the hopper

patrick.illingworth

Reaction score
Has anybody had an issue with heavy smoke coming out of the hopper? I’ve had a little in the past but now it’s a lot. It’s not in the cook chamber and the smoker is holding temperature.
E02F5A13-16BE-47AC-BBCA-0345C915FD4F.jpeg

Never had that happen to me. I think that would make me nervous. Can you hear the fan going? What model do you have?

Never had that happen to me. I think that would make me nervous. Can you hear the fan going? What model do you have?
I have the KC Combo and yes I can here the fan. The fire pot is working fine. I’m wondering if some of the pellets are smoldering

Maybe dust from pellets. That is the only thing I can think of. Do you sift the pellets before adding to the hopper? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
Can you recommend a good sifter? I see too many on Amazon. Thanks

Can you recommend a good sifter? I see too many on Amazon. Thanks
There are many sources, but basically you just need a device that will sift. I eyeballed up the pellets and factored in what is the smallest size I’d want to keep. Then I assigned my shopping loving wife to the task. In a day or so she came back from one her favorite haunts, T. J. Maxx with a metallic sifter that was on sale for 5.99.

I have that problem when I shut it down after using higher heat 400+. I find that turning the temp all the way down for 5-10 min then start the power down procedure fixed that.

Never had that happen during a cook.

Latest Discussions

Back