Smoke coming out of hopper

Morfreaper

Reaction score
I have smoke coming out of hopper on my Lexington. Can anyone tell me why and what to do, I do not have a way of controlling smoke flow, like an adjustable vent.

I have smoke coming out of hopper on my Lexington. Can anyone tell me why and what to do, I do not have a way of controlling smoke flow, like an adjustable vent.
I also have a Lexington and had the same thing happen. also I it can't keep the temp up

Try opening the chimney cover to almost max limit. I dont have a lexington, but if the grill cant breath it wont be able to push smoke out or get to temp. Also, how many cooks are on the grill? Is it new?

Try opening the chimney cover to almost max limit. I dont have a lexington, but if the grill cant breath it wont be able to push smoke out or get to temp. Also, how many cooks are on the grill? Is it new?
no chimney on the Lexington

no chimney on the Lexington
the fire was all the way back into the auger not a good thing. I've only had this thing a couple of weeks and nothing but problems from the start. talk to pit boss several times they sent me 2 new controllers and a new probe. still can't get the temps close we are talking 100+ degrees difference

the fire was all the way back into the auger not a good thing. I've only had this thing a couple of weeks and nothing but problems from the start. talk to pit boss several times they sent me 2 new controllers and a new probe. still can't get the temps close we are talking 100+ degrees difference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210620-182654_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210620-182654_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 37
Doesn't have a chimney, all I have is a few holes in the back that are always open

You might need a new fan, when my fan was getting weak, (slower) I starter getting smoke in the hopper.
replaced the fan and the problem was gone.

You might need a new fan, when my fan was getting weak, (slower) I starter getting smoke in the hopper.
replaced the fan and the problem was gone.
Brand new item so can should be at peak performance. But thank you

Make sure your pellets are not building a bridge and your fans are working

I have an Austin XL, had that as one of the symptoms before my grill would overheat and shut down with the ERH code. When I replaced the RTD probe everything worked well again.

Latest Discussions

Back